Air War Vietnam for CFS2

General discussion for CFS2 - WW 2 Pacific Theater

Air War Vietnam for CFS2

Postby investdude » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Have been trying lately to get the Air War Vietnam CFS2 version working and I'm having a lot of trouble with crash to desktops. This usually indicates a problem with the aircraft DP. If I delete the CDP file, the aircraft will usually load OK, even if I add weapons, but with a CDP file most of them CTD. I'm referring to the aircraft included in the "Required Aircraft" download. I can't find any obvious defect in any of the DPs. Wondering if anyone out there in CFS2 land has tried Air War Vietnam and found the same problem.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Air War Vietnam for CFS2

Postby Hagar » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:28 pm

investdude wrote:Have been trying lately to get the Air War Vietnam CFS2 version working and I'm having a lot of trouble with crash to desktops. This usually indicates a problem with the aircraft DP. If I delete the CDP file, the aircraft will usually load OK, even if I add weapons, but with a CDP file most of them CTD. I'm referring to the aircraft included in the "Required Aircraft" download. I can't find any obvious defect in any of the DPs. Wondering if anyone out there in CFS2 land has tried Air War Vietnam and found the same problem.

It's a long time since I had anything to do with CFS2. If I remember correctly you have to delete the CDP file every time you edit the DP. A new CDP is then written the next time you select the aircraft. From what you're saying I suspect that the author forgot to do this before uploading the files. If deleting the original CDP fixes your problem it won't do any harm.

Hope this is some help.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby investdude » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:14 am

Thanks for your reply Hagar. Yes, the CDP seems to have been the problem. So what I did was copy all of the aircraft folders into my normal CFS2, delete all the CDP files and then load each aircraft individually in the normal CFS2 to regenerate a new CDP file (Just in case the CDP file didn't get regenerated properly in VN CFS2). Then I copied the aircraft folders back into VN CFS2 and everything seems to work much better so far.
investdude
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:34 am

That seems the best way of doing it. Let's hope it fixed the problem. That Vietnam project looks quite complex. Good luck with it.

I remember we had a few problems to sort out when while working on the CFS2 Fox Four Korea campaigns. You might find my old friend Tom Sanford's notes on flying jets in CFS2 interesting. https://simviation.com/lair/cfs2kwfaq1.htm

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Combat Flight Simulator 2