Furious Enough is Enough !!!!

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Furious Enough is Enough !!!!

Postby Jetranger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:42 am

Well that was interesting after I just spent like 20 minutes typing a well wrote letter for everybody to read only to "HIT the SUBMIT" button and have it "automatically Time me out" and want me to re'log back in,,, and upon doing so - "WIPE Out MY ENTIRE Message" I posted = WTF ???

Guess you'll never know what it was about now will anybody ????

"NOT" going to attempt to retype again I know that damn much !!!

Enough is Enough of wasting my time with BS like this !!!

Good Bye and Good riddance !!!!!!
Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Furious Enough is Enough !!!!

Postby pete » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:49 am

Hi Jet, Do you mean this forum?
I am sorry to hear this but I have never experienced it nor heard of this happening on this forum. Server activity has been completely normal with no dips or stops in the graphs.

I HAVE OFTEN experienced this in PC's in general where I loose stuff and how frustrating it is. (Thank God for autosave now! 8-) )
You have my sympathy and if it was this server or forum then I apologise.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sinkrate » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:01 am

I know how you feel; I’ve had this sort of thing happen to me on other sites. I now type everything in Word first then copy & paste. It also (hopefully) checks my atrocious spelling.
Sinkrate
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:00 pm

I have had my comments disappear on this forum just like Jetranger but it hasn't happened for quite some time, probably a year or so.

Like Sinkrate I tend to write all my comments on Notepad and then transfer them to the forum once I have proofread and edited them.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:17 pm

i don't think simviation deserved that.....so sad................makes everyone feel bad...........
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby Hawkeye07 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:50 pm

yancovitch wrote:i don't think simviation deserved that.....so sad................makes everyone feel bad...........

Personally I think Simviation is one of the more user friendly sites in the fltsim community.

Maybe Pete can clarify something for us. Does the Simviation Forum have some sort of embedded timer that keeps track of logged ion user activity?
It would watch how long you are signed in without any sort of movement and after a predetermined amount of time if it doesn't see any activity from a user
it would kick him/her out to make room for someone else to sign in. ( I hope I explained this idea with some amount of clarity) :think:

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby B0ikat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 pm

When you log in there's box you can check that keeps you logged in forever (Or nearly). I've months without having to log back in, so much so that I usually have to use the "forgot password" option when I do have to log back in. :p
B0ikat
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pete » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:56 am

Maybe Pete can clarify something for us. Does the Simviation Forum have some sort of embedded timer that keeps track of logged ion user activity?
It would watch how long you are signed in without any sort of movement and after a predetermined amount of time if it doesn't see any activity from a user
it would kick him/her out to make room for someone else to sign in. ( I hope I explained this idea with some amount of clarity)

No tracker or anything like that. Only what is necessary to allow users to remain logged in when they leave the page - cookies. Our cookies just remember your login details when you return. Nothing else. There is no limit on logged in users. No one should ever be kicked out - unless we rebooted the machine which does happen occasionally for maintenance. - but not often. No reboot for months.
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jean Loup » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Jetranger wrote:Well that was interesting after I just spent like 20 minutes typing a well wrote letter for everybody to read only to "HIT the SUBMIT" button and have it "automatically Time me out" and want me to re'log back in,,, and upon doing so - "WIPE Out MY ENTIRE Message" I posted = WTF ???

I am with you on this one… what get's me in this forum, no way to edit NOTHiNG after a while… My way of writing is "correction + correction + correction" AD iNFiNiTUM.

See you <<v <<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:49 pm

I am with you on this one… what get's me in this forum, no way to edit NOTHiNG after a while… My way of writing is "correction + correction + correction" AD iNFiNiTUM.

You have 4 hours to edit.
Reason to disallow after that time? Because in the past many times people will post something, get replies, then change the original post completely, making the replies pointless.
I can make it longer but people have done a lot of damage to the forum in the past when they fall out with someone then delete everything they post. We had people with 1000's posts delete everything and this really messes with things.
Just trying to do the best thing - & suggestions always welcome. :)
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pilotwin7 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Jetranger wrote:Well that was interesting after I just spent like 20 minutes typing a well wrote letter for everybody to read only to "HIT the SUBMIT" button and have it "automatically Time me out" and want me to re'log back in,,, and upon doing so - "WIPE Out MY ENTIRE Message" I posted = WTF ???

;) Yep, you're right Mr Jetranger...We'll never know what it was about? :snooty:

But in my particular situation. still not getting a response? :shock: :? :shock:
Embed YouTube video? https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 9&t=177991 :cry:
Not sure the issue or reason Why? https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 9&t=177127 :violin: :roll:

:snooty: And many more countless throughout the years, some of my posts have been a topic locked, some disappear or topic not exist and some pictures and videos have been removed who?? :think: Know what and Why?? :roll: Well, am not sure I may be on the blacklist... :shock: :pray:
:o Oh! btw, I've all records to back up my claim... (trust but verify) :naughty:

“The hardest thing about “everything happens for a reason” is waiting for that reason to show up.” :roll: :lol: :? :lol:

:think: But in life, i believe everything happens for a reason. :o :snooty: So even if it turned out bad , :pray: :violin: try to find the positive in it .... :whistle:

As long as your intention is pure, and you know what you're in it for, then you're alright.... :whistle:

''Life is too short, Count your blessings, value your love ones and move on with your head held high and a smile for everyone.'' :pray: :D
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Postby pete » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:02 pm

some of my posts have been a topic locked

Yes Sir. Because you posted max size per thread, after and another and another... etc ..max size in the same topic. Thread ended up many MB. I sent you an PM about it. Still in my outbox. 8-)

some disappear or topic not exist and some pictures and videos have been removed who??

No videos removed (we can only link to a video..)
No topics of your removed. Only posts when they went way over max image size. (& PM sent - still in my outbox)
Pictures only deleted when they more than 5x exceeded max size and after my PM.

Forums are run for fun. But you have to understand - running server requires admin and rules otherwise things go very wrong. We are not Amazon or Google with servers all over the globe and a team to fix everything. Little ol simviation. But I have to make it work. The forums are part of the site and they also require bandwidth control. Hope you understand .. :)
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pilotwin7 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:48 pm

That's exactly what I mean... :whistle: It has been great if you can respond to the posting, rather than send me a PM about it... :) But then nobody never knows what it was about? ??? ?

Due to respect Mr Pete,... :roll: I don't mind being wrong, and I'll admit that I'm wrong a lot... :shifty: :violin: :violin: and I never make the same mistake twice. I make it five or six times just to be sure. :? :oops: :violin: :violin:

:D Mr Pete, thank you, for understanding.... In appreciation of you and all that you do. :text-thankyouyellow:
pilotwin7
Major
Major

Return to Site Questions & Feedback