Forums aren't friendly to people like me :/

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Forums aren't friendly to people like me :/

Postby Colt1775 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Okay so look at this, I asked for an airplane repaint and have made threads and such things and you know what ALL of those threads were ignored because
I am a Christian! I can't even talk about my own faith in here because someone "may get offended" or ask for help because I'm a Christian :x !!!!! I AM SICK OF
WEBSITES THAT ARE NOT FRIENDLY TO CHRISTIANS :x !!!!!!!!! If I was a modder or someone who could code and do repaints I'd do it myself. If someone asked for
assistance I'd offer to help. But I'd probably get turned down. Why? Because I'm a Christian. What's wrong with you people? Forums are supposed to be a welcoming
place for everyone regardless of their lifestyles or anything. Forums are supposed to be where you can get help/advice or whatever you need and forums are
supposed to be a place where you can be yourself but so much for that. Seems like Christians are freaks of nature these days no matter where they are when they
are doing what they're supposed to do. :cry:

This isn't right!!!!!!! If you're offended by this post that is YOUR problem so take it up with yourself not the mods or me. I have every right to say this as it is
completely relevant and stays on topic.
Colt1775
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Forums aren't friendly to people like me :/

Postby OldAirmail » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:03 pm

While there is a lot of anti Judeo-Christian sentiment on the internet, and in real life, I think your your biggest problem, on the re-paint question, is Apathy.

Your perceived problem is just that, and little if anything more.

Take a look at the area with your main interests - Aircraft & 3D Design.

Look at the number of replies to other people who ask for help in designing, or re-painting, aircraft.

Look at the number of people who have read your posts. And then look at the number of people who have read other peoples posts.

You're actually not doing that badly. The majority, in that category, have a "Replies" count below 10.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby jcj78 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:51 pm

:violin:

Or you could try eagle skinner or one of the other people easily found with a google search who will happily make you any kind of repaint you'd like, though you may have to email them to find out their rates.

I'll be honest:

I don't think it has much to do with your drug of choice.
If I came on here and posted a thread asking for a plane with pentagrams on the wings and a pitchfork on the horizontal stabilizer (maybe Stratojet's Albatross so I could fly mercy missions into remote South Asia and all of Africa courtesy of my Satanic Army :twisted: :angry-devil: ), no one would come a runnin' to make it for me free of charge.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:12 am

I'm a bit confused!! If a posting/request is ignored or not answered, is it maybe because that no-one is interested in doing a repaint or whatever that maybe again be of no real interest to anyone except the person demanding an answer or a solution on demand?

I am sure that when we sign up we do not give any indication as to what religion/cult whatever we belong to?
These forums are all all about the love of virtual aviation & is a mashup with people from all walks of life, colour & creeds.

Mmmmm... here goes, I actually could get into flying a plane with pentagrams & pitchforks. That could be a fun tongue in cheek mission.
In the past, there was a 'sky diver'that could be downloaded. How about someone putting wings onto that?
Angels against a Curtis Jenny with Pentagrams? lol.

Seriously, we should be considerate to all folks, whatever their beliefs! Just because someone has very strong beliefs, it should not be used as an excuse! There are guys who are not believers & I'm sure, get upset when beliefs are thrown at them.

I still think it could be fun, a 'Steampunk' detailed plane with, pentagrams etc, a flying angel, & even a flying red guy with a pitchfork?
Many years ago, I kid you not, I actually download a flying naked guy & naked girl. (FS2002, I think, but worked in FS2004) You can imagine what happened when the flying guy's under carriage dropped?

Maybe you think that forums are not friendly to you & blame it on your religeous beliefs that are pretty much unknown to most of us. Maybe some of think that the forums are unfriendly to some of us because we get posts like this, when all we want is the sharing of our love for anything aviation related? (I still think a flying person with wings & a pitchfork falls into that category!)

Please guys, the above is NOT meant to offend anyone!
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pete » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:22 am

With all repaint requests it's usually easier to learn to do it yourself. Basic repainting FS aircraft isn't exactly a brain stretcher. (A great paint takes practice but you can learn basics quite easily)

You can buy a product - example Abacus FS Repaint

Or there are plenty of tutorials on this and other websites - example
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:13 am

Colt1775 wrote:But I'd probably get turned down. Why? Because I'm a Christian.

How do you know that? Methinks you jump to conclusions. OldAirmail & zswobbie1 are right. The main reason for lack of response is lack of interest, nothing to do with your religious beliefs.

This is an international flight simulator forum with members of all colours & creeds from all over this big wide World of ours. The one thing we all have in common is an interest in aviation & flight simulators. Nobody would know what you believe in unless you tell them.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Bass » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:24 am

Some great answers to something, that to me looks compleately out of range :shock:
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Hawkeye07 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Not trying to play Devil's Advocate here but it seems to me that you're walking around with a big chip on your shoulder Colt 1775. Most True Believers I've met over the many years I've lived on this earth lived their lives as an "Example" of their faith, not as a "Billboard" as your avatar, comments and Member Bio suggest. Humility and Faith go hand in hand my friend. You came here asking for a freebee and then became indignant and rather demanding when it didn't materialize. Think about it!

Hawkeye

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Colt1775 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Fair enough ^ I just don't like not being able to have a voice and well some people don't really notice people who just "live" I mean yeah, living by example is great
but to get attention to the example you're setting you also have to be a billboard.

Also everyone else who replied.... Not to be rude or anything or to sow discord because that wasn't my intention at all I may not really reply because this was
was intended as a rant and well, this stuff gets my goat if you know what I mean.

On another note but still relevant to the topic. I wouldn't mind if the forums were more welcome to people of all faiths and denominations, that way it isn't just one
sided. Now I get that some people would go out and be immature cutting down everyone who opposes their views but that's why there is this thing called ignoring.

But once again dude who posted right before me you did make some very valid points about humility and such. And once again I have to say that it's kind of my job
to be a display of my faith meaning having no shame or fear of condemnation for what I say or do thus allowing me to be bold in Spirit but humble in flesh.
There is scripture that I live by which is found in the book of Romans chapter 1 verse 16 which says "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God
the salvation of everyone who believes." And well that's all I have to say about it. And please try not to be rude or make destructive comments as it would kind of
be unhealthy for all of us, I tend to not react very well to some things :/
Colt1775
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pegger » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Colt1775 wrote:On another note but still relevant to the topic. I wouldn't mind if the forums were more welcome to people of all faiths and denominations, that way it isn't just one
sided.

Honestly, I didn't know that it wasn't...
i thought this site was one of the most respectful sim forums out there!
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Ring any bells from the distant past?

Brad and Kimberley?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=77720&p=582356

Fozzer wrote:
Not sure if girl or troll....

Paul.... ;)....!

Anyone remember Brad/Kimberley?... ;D... ;D...!

Paul..... ;) ....!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Colt1775 wrote:Fair enough ^ I just don't like not being able to have a voice and well some people don't really notice people who just "live" I mean yeah, living by example is great but to get attention to the example you're setting you also have to be a billboard.

Also everyone else who replied.... Not to be rude or anything or to sow discord because that wasn't my intention at all I may not really reply because this was
was intended as a rant and well, this stuff gets my goat if you know what I mean.

On another note but still relevant to the topic. I wouldn't mind if the forums were more welcome to people of all faiths and denominations, that way it isn't just one
sided. Now I get that some people would go out and be immature cutting down everyone who opposes their views but that's why there is this thing called ignoring.

But once again dude who posted right before me you did make some very valid points about humility and such. And once again I have to say that it's kind of my job
to be a display of my faith meaning having no shame or fear of condemnation for what I say or do thus allowing me to be bold in Spirit but humble in flesh.
There is scripture that I live by which is found in the book of Romans chapter 1 verse 16 which says "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God
the salvation of everyone who believes." And well that's all I have to say about it. And please try not to be rude or make destructive comments as it would kind of
be unhealthy for all of us, I tend to not react very well to some things :/

Colt1775,
I think you need to learn some forum etiquette. Everyone here will refer to a previous post by the user name in the avatar or by their real name if known.
Not "dude who posted right before me." That shows a sincere lack of common courtesy. As for the following comment...
" And please try not to be rude or make destructive comments as it would kind of be unhealthy for all of us, I tend to not react very well to some things"
Quite a non "Christian" attitude I must say. I don't see anyone making rude comments but you. This is one of the best and friendliest forums on the www and the primary reason why is because everyone here makes a real effort to try to get along. I can't say I see that in your postings on this thread.

Hawkeye

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby mrplanecrazzy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:36 am

I agree with most everyone on here. Heck, I never even considered what your faith was when reading your post. For all I knew you could have been into the Fire and Brimstone motif.
Sounds to me like you are already breaking one of the Golden Rules. Judge not lest ye be judged.
What if I went to a Christian forum and requested something, and never got it, does it then mean that those Christians are fake? No, it means that
maybe what I requested wasn't something anyone reading the post could deliver.
Now go repent and maybe a miracle will be in store for you today.
:pray:
Intel(R) Core™ i7-4790K - ASUS Z97-A - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 - 250GB Samsung 840 EVO - 1.5TB Gaming Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000RPM - Corsair 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz - 900 Watts -Apevia Warlock Power Supply LG 49" 4K Monitor 4096x2160
mrplanecrazzy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Colt1775 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:10 pm

Lol ^ uhhh that's not the correct scripture, what you're thinking of is don't judge because by with what measure you judge is by what measure you shall also be judged
or something like that, memory is a bit foggy. Also dude call me crazy or whatever you want but I like to at least be acknowledged whenever I have ideas. If they can't do it or don't want to take part in doing something they can at the very least say "No thanks" Or something similar to that. And before you say anything allow me to say
that is something I need to work on as well.

On another note it isn't so much about the repaint I thought of but maybe the first thing said under my original post (can't think of the right words)
Colt1775
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Colt, I've been seeing a pattern here, and it isn't a very pretty one.

If they can't do it or don't want to take part in doing something they can at the very least say "No thanks"

Why does the world revolve around YOU.

I have absolutely NO artistic talent, and certainly no knowledge of repainting, and yet you expect me to say "No thanks" to a subject for which I have no interest?

And the same for all the others on SimViation?

If you have a message to spread, you may want to think about how you communicate with others.

Because the impression I'm getting is of a petty self centered little boy.

Sorry, but I no longer have any sympathy for you, nor your message.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Next

Return to Site Questions & Feedback