Beechcraft D18SVC FSX

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Beechcraft D18SVC FSX

Postby paly » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 am

Beechcraft MSA (Milton Shupe and Associates)
This thread will concern itself with that particular model not the (nice, but...) Dave Carroll Alternative.

Beechcraft D18S Wheels, Cargo and Floats Package (Beechcraft_D18SVC_FSX-1.zip)

I'd like to explain my thinking behind creating this package.
All my downloads were in a heap on my hardrive and I had to wade thru the process of getting it to work in FSX the way I had it set up for FS9

This included -
Wheeled / Amphibian / Amphibian Passenger / Float / Cargo Versions
in standard and BFU Bush Flying Club Textures
FSX Gauge fixes (amoung others) from D18SX_DC -- by Dave Carroll (many many thanks for this Mr Carroll, I couldn't have done it)
Altimeter with (Mb) Millibars
Nicks Prop Dust v2
Engine Sparks and Smoke
Original Sounds recommended for this aircraft (Mike Hambly)
(alterantively the) Twin Radial sound set created by Gary Jones
FSX propeller fix (spinpropb18.bmp)
EDITVOICEPACK adding ATC callsign "Beechcraft" to Transmissions

I created a clickteam installer "Fixed by request by Danny Garnier" which removed the Float Version, and unwrapped the executable
making the file size 100mb bigger (happy to realise why this was done, I'm sure the reasoning was valid) with a seperate folder allowing
the user to add the ATC sounds and his personal preference of engine sound.

ERRORS
As typical, some ommissions and errors were present. Namely the HOBBS guages left in one of the versions.
What I'd like to see is an installer package that removes as much of the hard work, or creates alternative set-ups for fans of this aircraft.

Since my bundle has been downloaded over 800 times in 2 days, I suspect there was a huge demand for this

Many, many thanks to the creators and modders
Hope I haven't trod on too many toes by creating yet another installation of this amzing FS9/FSX Aircraft
paly
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Beechcraft D18SVC FSX

Postby monsieurG » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi

Pete send me the file after he test it without success.

I also test the aircraft . I found some problem: (many really)

/ the installer ask were is FSX? (be easier to manual install) --
/ the model was wrongly configure in 2 of 3 version
/ The aircraft.cfg was wrong in 2 of 3 version
/ The float version was sinking > means they are associated with the air file from the wheel version
/ Other I cannot remember.

I spend a little time to figure the problems and fixed most of them but I did not have much time to fix all and I return it to Pete to figure out any more. there were so many problem --

The version now work with wheels floats and cargo.
monsieurG
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby paly » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:28 pm

I cannot argue on how you choose to host the files.
Setting the click-team installer to use the registry to find the users FSX installation folder still eludes me,
but it was a smaller file, and just my own install preference

Excluding the Float from the package was a bad move though, as a simple discussion forum can resolve the issue, and allow users to make the modification required.
As it is, mine floats ok, and it again would save people from having to go hunting for it

None of this is a real issue though, Many Thanks for testing it all so promptly, adding images and hosting the files.

Hope I get more feedback, hence the reason I posted in the main FSX forums.
The package was submitted to Avsim as well as being hosted on my own webpage forums.
I just decided to use simviation forums in particular, as an "FSX reference discussion area" for this aircraft :-)
paly
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi

The floats version is included. Previously it was wrongly configured -- the aircraft.cfg file referred to the air file of another model.

Also the float version that did show up sank in the water.

As far as I know it all works now and ALL versions are included (Float, wheels, cargo) - complete with your smoke, editvoicepack and sounds, etc. And the floats version now floats.

If you uploaded that also to avsim and it's live -- I suspect there may be some feedback as there were a lot of issues with the original upload ;)

Very cool package though and thanks for putting it together. A few small fixes and it's all OK now 8-)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Site Questions & Feedback