Download Speed Too Slow

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Download Speed Too Slow

Postby Bubblehead » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Lately when I try to download a file, I get this window which what it was saying I don't understand. So I click on the "Download File" at the bottom and the download starts but at a snails phase. I'm have been a paid up member for quite sometime now. It used to be that when I click on the aircraft the download process starts right away with going through any further instruction. Can you help?
Bubblehead
Captain
Captain

Re: Download Speed Too Slow

Postby pete » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:56 am

It sounds like you are not logged in. The server and connection has never been even nearly stretched since we moved into it last spring. Even at peak times we have only used about 20% of the server and connection's potential.

Please make sure you are logged in - you will see 'Members area' in top left of pages. there can be many reasons for slow connections and the best way is to try a tracert.

(Windows - Start - Run - type 'tracert http://www.simviation.com' (without the quotes) )

If you still have a problem you can try clearing temp internet files/cache (cCleaner is a good utility)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Site Questions & Feedback