Its different!

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Its different!

Postby Steve M » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:55 am

Might take some getting used to but the forums seem to be working ok on my end. 8)
Steve M
Major
Major

Re: Its different!

Postby pete » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Yes -- a lot different -- but it will get better ---- it was a big task converting a cgi forum into a database php forum - thanks to our web guru Marin for perisiting with this until it was done.

In the next days/weeks I hope it will be refined -- so please consider this a rough cut beta stage.
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby RAMPRAT » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:54 pm

I LIKE IT!!!!!!
RAMPRAT
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby yancovitch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:22 pm

hiya....hope you can eliminate that blue space (unless it's reserved for something) on the left side.......so if i center the page i don't have to keep scrolling to the right in windowed mode....sorry if this doesn't make sense as i'm not that computer litterate.....yahoo finally narrowed their main page so i can fit it in a window and have room for another...what a relief to me!.......
yancovitch
Major
Major

Location: born montreal, lived vancouver, now live in burns lake bc.

Postby yancovitch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:29 pm

to add to my last post,,, in otherwords, the script is too small,,,if i try to fit the page on a window, it's so small, i can't read it.....no need to post these posts if i'm embarrassing myself, you could pm me....no fun having to scroll for everything that's written....................thanks
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 pm

another thing you don't have to post....the screenshot are all cut off.... :)
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby BlackAce » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:09 pm

It's weird, very very different. It's going to take some getting used to from the old one!
BlackAce
Major
Major

Postby striker » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:13 am

Yeah .... it looks like the main site more but the whole layout is going to take a bit of getting used to.

Still I remember Yabb was giving a lot of problems so I guess this one will be better
striker
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby BLAZE » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi Pete,

Is it just my posts, Or did the change over cut out parts of other peoples past posts?
LOL.. Say that really fast three times! :)
BLAZE
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:56 pm

BLAZE wrote:Hi Pete,

Is it just my posts, Or did the change over cut out parts of other peoples past posts?

Hi
Do you mean you've lost post count?

As much as possible feedback is appreciated - for instance I didn't realise users couldn't post withouty approval until this morning when I saw 'this post requires approval' . ..... No-one mentioned it ...

There are probably many other glitches that you guys are experiencing that I just don't know about -- so please LET ME KNOW!

(I know about the cropped images and some corrupted 'moved' posts -- and some other posts requiring edits.)
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BLAZE » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 pm

Okie Dokie,

Thank you Pete Sir. Thank you Simviation for the upgrades. :) I (like others) will take a little
time to get acclimated to the new surroundings. But it looks like its pretty user friendly so far.
Thank you for this most Excellent site! :)
BLAZE
Captain
Captain

Postby yancovitch » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 pm

some kind of word wrap, if it's possible...may be difficult with screenshot forum though.....thanks...all the power to ya
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby yancovitch » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:20 am

good show!!!
yancovitch
Major
Major

Postby Jean Loup » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:18 am

pete wrote:

Hi
As much as possible feedback is appreciated - for instance I didn't realise users couldn't post withouty approval until this morning when I saw 'this post requires approval' . ..... No-one mentioned it ...
There are probably many other glitches that you guys are experiencing that I just don't know about -- so please LET ME KNOW!
(I know about the cropped images and some corrupted 'moved' posts -- and some other posts requiring edits.)
I have ONE (annoying but not so important, just nagging before coffee time) glitch: the signatures are GONE.

I had my signature OK, when I decided a week ago to change it for a better one: then it sisappeared. No more :naughty: , kaput :naughty: , jodióse :naughty: ! :violin:
<<q Gracias
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:49 am

Jean Loup wrote:
pete wrote:

Hi
I have ONE (annoying but not so important, just nagging before coffee time) glitch: the signatures are GONE.

I had my signature OK, when I decided a week ago to change it for a better one: then it sisappeared. No more :naughty: , kaput :naughty: , jodióse :naughty: ! :violin:
<<q Gracias

Pop over here, Jean, for a possible cure for your missing signature...>>> viewtopic.php?f=25&t=167113

Scroll down the thread.. ;) ...!

(Check your Profile Settings...which may have changed!)

Profile > Board Prefs > Edit Posting Defaults > Attach Signature By Default.. = ..YES!...(It may have been changed to NO!)

Paul.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Site Questions & Feedback