Request removal of two unauthorized files

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Request removal of two unauthorized files

Postby mjahn » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:21 am

My first post and right away I have to bother you with a complaint. Apologies for that
mjahn
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Request removal of two unauthorized files

Postby pete » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi

They've been delisted s requested Manifred.

It's a shame that he didn't ask you - because the Buffalo repaints looked great and it was great to have the Buffalo from Ice Pilots here for all to enjoy and re-live the flights in FSX. The result is that this fun is taken away from the 1000's who would have downloaded it in the next months.

At the same time you have every right to expect permission and demand it.

I will try writing to Mr Lopez and maybe he can request permission and then all parties can be happy  8-) - most of all you and the people who enjoy your great work!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mjahn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:59 am

Thanks Pete, much appreciated.

Tell him, if you want, all he needed to do was (or indeed needs to do is) upload the texture folder on its own, as is normal procedure for repaints.

Same goes for the sound folder - supposing it is freeware and he has permission to do so. But this nobody knows.

Edit: his blog link leads you to a site called Piratas Asociados...

Cheers,
Manfred
Last edited by mjahn on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjahn
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:46 am

Edit: his blog link leads you to a site called Piratas Asociados...

Cheers,
Manfred

That's a bad sign     ::)

I don't think I'll contact him ......

Thanks for the heads up.
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dbcunnz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:54 am

I am in the same situation and have sent 2 emails to webmaster@simviation.com on the 15th February 2013 requested that christchurchx.zip be removed from the Simviation website
But have received no reply as to whether it has been removed or not.
The reason for its removal is that two of my files have been added to it without my permission
before it was uploaded on the 29th July 2012 the person that uploaded the christchurchx.zip had been asked to remove those two files of mine and if they are removed they can reupload the christchurchx.zip again without my two files.
The two files do not affect the the Christchurch scenery in any way they are two files that were made for a very high density real photo scenery the a small group of us are working on now and will be released soon when all the autogen etc is finished.
The two files in question are made to fix the gable roofs for this scenery when used with ORBXNZSI
The other two sites that the christchurchx.zip had been uploaded to have both removed it and also notified me of them doing so.
I request that simviation do the same.
dbcunnz
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:18 am

I am in the same situation and have sent 2 emails to webmaster@simviation.com on the 15th February 2013 requested that christchurchx.zip be removed from the Simviation website
But have received no reply as to whether it has been removed or not.
The reason for its removal is that two of my files have been added to it without my permission
before it was uploaded on the 29th July 2012 the person that uploaded the christchurchx.zip had been asked to remove those two files of mine and if they are removed they can reupload the christchurchx.zip again without my two files.
The two files do not affect the the Christchurch scenery in any way they are two files that were made for a very high density real photo scenery the a small group of us are working on now and will be released soon when all the autogen etc is finished.
The two files in question are made to fix the gable roofs for this scenery when used with ORBXNZSI
The other two sites that the christchurchx.zip had been uploaded to have both removed it and also notified me of them doing so.
I request that simviation do the same.

Hi

I didn't get your email ... because we were moving servers last week and things like email were delayed.

File has now been removed. Sorry for delay.

Pete
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:49 am

Hi

I didn't get your email ... because we were moving servers last week and things like email were delayed.

File has now been removed. Sorry for delay.

Pete

Thanks Pete
I had sent you another email again just after posting yesterday.
Last edited by dbcunnz on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
dbcunnz
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Patrese » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Hello friends.
I'm sorry but I not to have responded faster but I could not register on the forum.
I´ m JALopezR and I sorry the problem with my two jobs Buffalo Airways (Basler & Turbo Dakota).
The reason for this error is easy: I have two model files, a file for my personal use and another file to upload.
I was wrong and I've uploaded the wrong file. Sorry
I have other files uploaded to SIMVIATION but I have had no problems.
I apologize to the authors.
If I have permission from the administrators and authors, I upload the correct file with textures only.
I hope you understand me
Again sorry and thanks.
Greetings

In spanish:
Hola amigos.
Siento mucho no haber respondido mas rápido pero no podía registrarme en el foro.
Soy JALopezR y lamento el problema con mis dos trabajos de Buffalo Airways (Basler & Turbo Dakota).
La razón de esta incorrecta subida es fácil: tengo dos archivos de los modelos, un archivo para mi uso personal y otro archivo para subir.
Me he equivocado y he subido el archivo erróneo. Lo siento
Tengo otros archivos subidos a SIMVIATION pero y no he tenido problemas.
Pido perdón a los autores.
Si tengo autorización de los administradores y autores, subo el archivo correcto con solo las texturas.
Espero que me hayáis entendido
Otra vez lo siento y gracias.
Un saludo
Patrese
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:34 am

Hi Mr Lopez

Thanks for your input. As usual these things are the result of a slight misunderstanding.

It is rarely necessary to upload textures only files. I am sure you will not require permission for textures only so go ahead :)

It will be great to have those textures -- I also watch that program about Buffalo Airways :)
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Patrese » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:36 am

OK, thank you pete.
Patrese
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Site Questions & Feedback