What's this little space for?

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Re: What's this little space for?

Postby eno » Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:34 pm

The problem with AOL is caused by

1. The insistance that you provide credit card details in order to take advantage of the free trial period.

2. Then instead of the software shutting down and insisting that you purchase an activation code,  they start charging you. This is irrespective as to wether the software actually worked ... or wether you wish to use it.

3. You don't OPT in they insist on you opting out and contacting them to stop payment.

4. They have no way of checking (or so they say) wether the software that you "register" is actually being used  E.G. ... I tried using AOL some years ago however it wasn't compatible with my connection (ISDN) at the time and therefore didnt work.. I suddenly found nasty letters appearing threatening court action because payments had been stopped after the 90 hour trial had ended. I hadn't even been able to register the software properly.... therefore not been able to use it  apart from the page asking for credit card details. Now what does that say to you!!

5. What is the need for all the gumph that they insist on placing on your computer ... when all the components are already there for browsing all you really need is a relyable ISP.

6. If you decide that AOL isn't for you its a major B*****d to get rid of the software and all its added gumph... This includes having to alter the registry on some machines (This was required on my wifes machine). In other words the uninstaller doesnt uninstall everything properly ....... and you know what ... it damn well makes sure that you cant use anything else untill its cleaned off properly.

There RANT over ....... thats what I and most of my friends in I.T. think of AOL.

cheers
eno
[align=center][img]http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/imaginsigeno.jpg[/img][/align]
eno
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

~

Postby Scorpiоn » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:14 pm

As far as conecting and reliability, AOL excels.
Last edited by Scorpiоn on Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Devil's Advocate.
Scorpiоn
Major
Major

Previous

Return to Site Questions & Feedback