Who is Quasimodem

Questions, suggestions, ideas, complaints, compliments about this site or forums. Ask here.

Who is Quasimodem

Postby Canuck1955 » Sun May 01, 2022 3:01 pm

I ask for whoever he/she is seem to be taking credit to some degree for other peoples creations. the latest Antonov 24 by Samdim I have that same file from 2016 d/led from elsewhere. I see they have also posted a good many from India Fox Echo/Dino Cattaneo which are easily obtainable from Dino's own site.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Who is Quasimodem

Postby pete » Mon May 02, 2022 4:58 am

He (presumably) is not claiming any credit that I can see. Proper credits are listed in the description and it looks like all files are intact with full docs etc inside. . There is nothing unusual about this. People have uploaded files since the start of FS sites, which pre date microsoft FS. And yes files are available elsewhere. As always. If everything was only ever available on one site we wouldn't have a hobby.
We and all sites have files uploaded by nicknames. Just look at the MSFS20 files - rare to see a real name.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Canuck1955 » Mon May 02, 2022 10:09 am

pete wrote:He (presumably) is not claiming any credit that I can see. Proper credits are listed in the description and it looks like all files are intact with full docs etc inside. . There is nothing unusual about this. People have uploaded files since the start of FS sites, which pre date microsoft FS. And yes files are available elsewhere. As always. If everything was only ever available on one site we wouldn't have a hobby.
We and all sites have files uploaded by nicknames. Just look at the MSFS20 files - rare to see a real name.

So if I go to Avsim or FS.com and pick a bunch of well established files at random and decide to upload them here, then that is fine and dandy is it?
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Mon May 02, 2022 10:42 am

We may have many of those 'well established files'. Most of the classics upload here and we have hundreds of unique gems - that have probably found their way around the net. This is what happens. It's everywhere. On every site there are files originally uploaded to a site and then modified/repainted/wherever and distributed to whatever sites the uploader likes.
Only very rarely it poses a problem. If it does - it's easily resolved.

Just looking at the 2 sites you mention - both have many files that were only uploaded to simv. Other sites are absolutely full of simv files subsequently uploaded.
Why are you so agressive about this?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Canuck1955 » Mon May 02, 2022 4:54 pm

pete wrote:We may have many of those 'well established files'. Most of the classics upload here and we have hundreds of unique gems - that have probably found their way around the net. This is what happens. It's everywhere. On every site there are files originally uploaded to a site and then modified/repainted/wherever and distributed to whatever sites the uploader likes.
Only very rarely it poses a problem. If it does - it's easily resolved.

Just looking at the 2 sites you mention - both have many files that were only uploaded to simv. Other sites are absolutely full of simv files subsequently uploaded.
Why are you so agressive about this?

Where is the aggression?
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Site Questions & Feedback