PLEASE REMOVE ALL FILES

Information from behind the scenes for anyone who's interested ;)

PLEASE REMOVE ALL FILES

Postby tltdesigns » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 am

Dear Pete,

I, Tracey Thatcher hereby request that ALL Files related to my Late Husband Ian Thatcher (aka: Gerrish Gray, Thomas Trewin, Andy Wier, Andy Weir, etc) be removed from your Server/Website without further notice.

Avsim.com have already removed all files as requested and Flightsim.com are in the process of removing the last of all files under the names mentioned above over the next few days.

I ask that you do this ASAP as to avoid any other action (Legal) that I have had to take with several other smaller websites hosting the above mentioned files/names... both websites have now be closed as a result.

Also please remove the file that is under my name "Tracey Thatcher"

The reason I am having all files removed is a result of this post : viewtopic.php?f=49&t=160473#p1209838 by dbcunnz .

I quote from an email from Doug Cunniffe (dbcunnz) :Flightsim would be a much better place once all files made by Ian Thatcher, Gerrish Gray, Andy Wier, Andy Weir, Thomas Trewin, etc are removed from all flightsim websites ..... End Quote!!!

The name Gerrish Gray is in fact my late husbands Bother In Law and if needed you may contact him at gerrishgray@lycos.com and his Name was used with FULL PERMISSION but as he is not at all happy with what has happened I suggest should you make contact with him you may get a very nasty return email as he spent several weeks taking his own Action against Avsim.com & now Flightsim.com.

Kind Regards
Tracey Thatcher

P.S: I did try asking this via emails but for some reason your email is not working Pete?
tltdesigns
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: PLEASE REMOVE ALL FILES

Postby pete » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 am

Yep this will be done .... but it's a shame because Ian was a great guy and I often had contact with him. He also was a great contributor to the hobby.

Meanwhile we have just moved servers, which was a huge task, and there are things that make immediate removal impossible -- but it will be done in the course of the next week. (no need for all that legal talk -- we don't do legal speak here -- no need)

But above and beyond all this -- My sincere condolences.
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby tltdesigns » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:07 am

Sorry Pete,

But it's not crap at all.. you can ask Nels at Flightsim.com or Tom from Avsim.com.

Plus I have the returned emails sitting in my email box here as well.

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender‏

Mail Delivery System (MAILER-DAEMON@mail.simviation.com)Add to contacts19/03/2013
To: tltdesigns@hotmail.com

Delivery reportDownload

REMOVED ALL FILES AS QUOTED BELOW ASAP !!.emlBlocked
Download all as zip
This is the mail system at host mail.simviation.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<root@mail.simviation.com> (expanded from <webmaster@simviation.com>): mail for
mail.simviation.com loops back to myself

Regards
Tracey
tltdesigns
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tltdesigns » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 am

pete wrote:Yep this will be done .... but it's a shame because Ian was a great guy and I often had contact with him. He also was a great contributor to the hobby.

Meanwhile we have just moved servers, which was a huge task, and there are things that make immediate removal impossible -- but it will be done in the course of the next week. (no need for all that legal talk -- we don't do legal stuff here -- no need)

But above and beyond all this -- My sincere condolences.

Thankyou Pete !!!

Regards
Tracey
tltdesigns
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tltdesigns » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Dear Everyone,

After a great deal of thought and support from Pete and many other members here at Simviation I have decided that any and all of my late husbands files will remain here at Simviation and will be EXCLUSIVE to Simviation ONLY and never uploaded to any other website what so ever !!

Pete has a complete list of these files and will over the next days, weeks and months be making them available for members to download.

Once again thankyou Pete for all your understanding and most of all your support :-)

Kindest Regards
Tracey Thatcher
tltdesigns
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby CHUCK79 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:29 pm

Thank you so much.

Like Pete said, it would be a shame to let this great FS add on go undiscovered by future FS enthusiasts. Our condolences and our appreciation go out to you and yours.

Chuck
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dbcunnz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:38 am

It is a shame that Tracey has pirated all our latest but unfinished autogen and added it to her old low res Christchurch scenery and as her readme states
"I Tracey Thatcher retained any and all Copyrights to the distribution of this file and any of it's contents."
She does not have copyrights of our autogen which she has pirated from the NZFF forum site.
Also in her readme file she has "the Christchurch area and includes Autogen. Has been designed to work with both FTX NZSI and VLC."
Well for all of you that do not have FTX NZSI you will be very disappointed as a lot of the autogen is ORBX autogen and will not show up if FTX NZNI is not installed.
Just shows that by pinching someone else s AGN and not knowing what is in it how easy it is to get caught out.
I have asked pete to remove the file again untill all our stuff has been removed from it and when that has been done Tracey can upload it to mwhere ever she wants to.

Doug
dbcunnz
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tltdesigns » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:21 pm

dbcunnz wrote:It is a shame that Tracey has pirated all our latest but unfinished autogen and added it to her old low res Christchurch scenery and as her readme states
"I Tracey Thatcher retained any and all Copyrights to the distribution of this file and any of it's contents."
She does not have copyrights of our autogen which she has pirated from the NZFF forum site.
Also in her readme file she has "the Christchurch area and includes Autogen. Has been designed to work with both FTX NZSI and VLC."
Well for all of you that do not have FTX NZSI you will be very disappointed as a lot of the autogen is ORBX autogen and will not show up if FTX NZNI is not installed.
Just shows that by pinching someone else s AGN and not knowing what is in it how easy it is to get caught out.
I have asked pete to remove the file again untill all our stuff has been removed from it and when that has been done Tracey can upload it to mwhere ever she wants to.

Doug

Maybe it is time someone else did a little bit of Homework and that includes Ian Warren and yourself Doug.

Here is a link for anyone to download for Photoreal Christchurch for FS2004 and PLEASE make sure you Read ALL the readme Files as to really owns the Copyright/s to what Doug and Ian Warren are claiming to be theirs.
http://fs-snowman.org/pete/Christchurch-1.7.zip

Then goto this Link and Download Ian Warren's & Doug C's latest Updates and you will find 2081 AGN Files that belong to the Original Designers of Christchurch-.1.7.

http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=17417&view=findpost&p=8326360

Regards
Tracey
tltdesigns
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:15 am

So Tracey can you tell me why the file on snowmans site which he tells us doesn't exist any more that the file is of a smaller size than the one that you have uploaded on simviation may be the one you uploaded on simviation has more autogen in it as is is a larger file than that on snowmans site and yes I know that it is all our agn because I had added some ORBX autogen in it and have downloaded your file and checked it so Tracey don't carry on telling every one that it is not pirated software that you are trying to claim copyrights on.
it is interesting to note that the second site you refer to is the updated autogen site on NZFF which has exactly the same files in it as those in your uploaded file in simviation
I suppose you will claiming that we have pirated them by downloading your Christchurch and taking them out of that then placing them on the NZFF site.

Doug
dbcunnz
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tltdesigns » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:40 am

dbcunnz wrote:I suppose you will claiming that we have pirated them by downloading your Christchurch and taking them out of that then placing them on the NZFF site.

Doug

How on Gods Earth would I be able to place any files onto Ian Warren's Download at NZFF.ORG ?? I'm not even a member there and also have no access what so ever to any part of NZFF.ORG Server/s or Database to upload or change Ian Warren's AGN Download file.

Tracey
tltdesigns
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:02 am

Come on Tracey why don't you read what I posted there is nothing in my post to say you placed files on NZFF what I did say was you downloaded the agn file off the NZFF site and used it in your latest Christchurch upload and you know very well that you have pirated those files so stop lying to every one that they are yours you should come clean and tell the truth that most of the old agn was done by Ian Warren.

Doug
dbcunnz
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tltdesigns » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:19 am

Not bad considering I gave Pete a copy of Christchurch before Ian Warren made his latest AGN available for downloading at nzff.org .

Please correct me if I am Wrong Pete !!

As of today the 24th March 2013 I have given Ownership/Copyrights of all files relating to my late Husband and if that person wishes they can let you know who to contact if you have any further complaints and or questions.

Goodbye
Tracey
Last edited by tltdesigns on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
tltdesigns
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tltdesigns » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:26 am

dbcunnz wrote: your latest Christchurch upload and you know very well that you have pirated those files so stop lying to every one that they are yours you should come clean and tell the truth that most of the old agn was done by Ian Warren.

Doug

Acknowledgements (NZ Scenery Team)

Mapping
John Haines
Norman Shieffelbien
Heath Wells

Scenery Design, Editing etc
John Haines
Norman Shieffelbien
Heath Wells

GMAX Design
John Haines
Jason Hunt

Autogen Design

John Haines
Norman Shieffelbien
Heath Wells
Beverley Howard Smith
Laurence Merraine

AFCAD Files
Trevor Golding

The above is from the Original Chrishchurch Photoreal Readme pdf file for FS2004 and nowhere do I see either the Name Ian Warren or Doug.C.

END OF STORY

Tracey
Last edited by tltdesigns on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
tltdesigns
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dbcunnz » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:58 am

Not bad considering I gave Pete a copy of Christchurch before Ian Warren made his latest AGN available for downloading at nzff.org .

Yes it is not bad alright please not date posted Mar 22, 2013 09:19

Photoreal Christchurch New Zealand Package
Zip file preview
250.76Mb (315 downloads)
FSX Photoreal Christchurch New Zealand (Version 2) This Photoreal Scenery was created for the late Ian "thatch" Thatcher and covers the Christchurch area and includes Autogen. Has been designed to work with both FTX NZSI and VLC. Credits: Ian Warren Creator2003 Ian Thatcher Tracey Thatcher
Posted Mar 22, 2013 09:19 by Tracey Thatcher

Mar 10 2013,3:27 PM
Autogen AGN Update for Christchurch : The original photo has being remove from all International site such as Flightsim.com and Avsim due to piracy , for this new file PM myself or Doug for a download link , the photo-scenery will be posted at a download site shortly . cool.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File MARCH_9th_AGNs.zip

Yes Tracey plenty of time to have downloaded the agn and include it in your Christchurch uploaded to siviation on Mar 22, 2013 09:19
dbcunnz
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tltdesigns » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:09 am

The Date on the AGN Download is the 22nd March 2013.

Also, I didn't even upload the file to Simviation... Pete added it to his Downloads on the 22nd March and NOT ME at all thankyou.

Tracey
tltdesigns
Ground hog
Ground hog

Next

Return to Simviation News & Info