New site going live - preview

Information from behind the scenes for anyone who's interested ;)

Re: New site going live - preview

Postby BrandonF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Pete, will the forums be getting "the treatment" too, or are you maintaining the present style/format?

It would be really cool to see this done. For the upgrade I'm doing on my site soon, (fsrotorcraft.webs.com) the forums will use the same header/site template to give it the appearance that the forums are actually part of the main site. I think that if this was done for simviation, it would be really cool, especially with the new site design.

8-)
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby RaptorF22 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Pete, will the forums be getting "the treatment" too, or are you maintaining the present style/format?

It would be really cool to see this done. For the upgrade I'm doing on my site soon, (fsrotorcraft.webs.com) the forums will use the same header/site template to give it the appearance that the forums are actually part of the main site. I think that if this was done for simviation, it would be really cool, especially with the new site design.

8-)

+1 :)
RaptorF22
Major
Major

Postby pete » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:30 pm

'The treatment' was a commissioned custom coded website ... forums are usually off the shelf formats either freeware (like yabb) or available for a small fee ....

It would be nice to move to a better forum but one thing at a time  .... & the challenge would be to find a format that this big forum could be converted to ....  :o
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JBaymore » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:18 pm

So using Pete's above comments and the requests about "upgrading" things as a foil for the following comment.........

AND..........

Acknowledging that Pete has had NOTHING to do with this following posting of mine..........

If you want to REALLY help out in keeping SimViation "on the air" and continuing to improve and offer features that everyone would like to see...........

...........instead of buying that next payware plane or scenery or gauge.... put that $10 to $50 (or whatever) into a Premier Membership here at SimV.
Last edited by JBaymore on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Simviation News & Info