Upload images

Information from behind the scenes for anyone who's interested ;)

Upload images

Postby pete » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:16 am

Script updated. The script was pointing users to the old boards after uploading an image.

Now it brings you back to the new forums.

Have also enabled file attachments on graphics boards - with a 100K limit. This may also be used to display images  8-)

[timestamp=1165832180]
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Upload images

Postby Hagar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:31 am

Thanks Pete. This could be very handy if I can figure it out. See my test post in the Photos forum. http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1165832809

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:52 am

What exactly is the problem Doug?  :)
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:58 am

As you can see from my test topic I attached an image in JPEG format. It works fine but I didn't expect the image to display. The attachment feature might come in handy for other formats like zipfiles but I don't really see the benefit with images.

I expected the attachment not to display at all or to be like other forums I visit where attached images display as thumbnails. You click on them for the full-sized image. I don't know how any of that works.
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:14 am

It's really to make it easier for some members who aren't used to the upload images system we've got used to.

We can run it as a trial for now - see how it goes ..

The thing I need to figure out is a height increase so you don't have to scroll down the image.
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:25 am

Righto. Please don't think I'm complaining. I appreciate all your time & hard work. ;)

The thing I need to figure out is a height increase so you don't have to scroll down the image.

Been experimenting with this. How you see images on the new forum depends on your choice of browser & desktop resolution. Different browsers handle it differently & it only appears to be a problem at desktop resolutions of 1024x768 or lower. The more important thing is the image width. IMHO

PS. I discovered that 730 pixels is the maximum width for images to display properly at 1024x768 desktop resolution on the new forum without horizontal scroll bars. This seems the same in most browsers.

Edit. Check out my original tests here. http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1165264246
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:40 am

Righto. Please don't think I'm complaining. I appreciate all your time & hard work. ;)

Been experimenting with this. How you see images on the new forum depends on your choice of browser & desktop resolution. Different browsers handle it differently & it only appears to be a problem at desktop resolutions of 1024x768 or lower. The more important thing is the image width. IMHO

PS. I discovered that 730 pixels is the maximum width for images to display properly at 1024x768 desktop resolution on the new forum without horizontal scroll bars. This seems the same in most browsers.

Edit. Check out my original tests here. http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1165264246

Interesting Doug - I didn't know that ... thanks for the info!  :)
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Simviation News & Info