The May Screenshot Competition!

Information from behind the scenes for anyone who's interested ;)

Re: The May Screenshot Competition!

Postby BAW0343 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:03 pm

can we use a WW2 plane even if the texture wasnt used in the war?  the best detailed plane is a JU-52 package, I know the germans used it in the war but i dont have any textures from ww2.  I think.

Edit: also want to check, had another idea..  can i use a prop driven aircraft with jet assistance?  (the B-36H)
Last edited by BAW0343 on Mon May 15, 2006 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
BAW0343
Major
Major

Postby Airshow_lover » Mon May 15, 2006 8:06 pm

[quote]can we use a WW2 plane even if the texture wasnt used in the war?
C/SMSgt - Civil Air Patrol
Airshow_lover
Major
Major

Postby BAW0343 » Mon May 15, 2006 10:23 pm

yea i agree   anyway the B-36 was a lousy model and i went with a BF-109 and i think i made a good choice. took about 3 hours to find the plane take a few pics and decide
Image Image
BAW0343
Major
Major

Postby gryshnak » Tue May 16, 2006 10:55 am

can we use a WW2 plane even if the texture wasnt used in the war?

The way the rules are written, any of the restored warbirds flying today are eligible.  As long as it actually flew during the war, it's in.  A repaint shouldn't be a problem.  It doesn't even have to be a combat plane - the RAF was using Tiger Moths to train pilots before they went on to fly Spitfires!

Gryshnak
gryshnak
Major
Major

Postby loomex » Thu May 18, 2006 6:53 am

[quote]
Edit: also want to check, had another idea..
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) ,2.70 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X6 1045T(6-core), two HD (1TB and 500GB), 8gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5570,
loomex
Major
Major

Postby The-Black-Sheep » Sat May 20, 2006 4:03 pm

This has been driving me insane for a while now...but I've gotta speak my mind before it drives me even worse.

Don't get me wrong, the screenshots for this months comp are stunning...my shot hasn't got a hope in hell...

...But why god why...are some of you asking why certain aircraft, are not in their theatre of operations in the screenies?? WHO THE HELL CARES??!! So what if an RAF B-25 with D-Day markings appears over a tiny atoll in the pacific ocean...so what if a Japanese dive bomber appears over El Alamein in North Africa...so what if a hellcat appears over the european continent...it aint about what theatre the aircraft served in. The whole idea is just a world war 2 aircraft, in a screenshot with some great scenery to really make it stand out...it doesn't matter where in the world it is. I can understand the fact that it helps emphasize the situation it's in, but why complain? Just let it be.

Now that I've got that off my chest...im off to grab a nice cold pint of guiness. Thank you for your time everybody  :)
Last edited by The-Black-Sheep on Sat May 20, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FAC: "It sounds pretty bad"

Jerry Shriver: "No, no. I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside."

Jerry M Shriver - M.I.A 24th Arpil 1969, Cambodia
The-Black-Sheep
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby stuart1044 » Sat May 20, 2006 5:58 pm

Id share a nice pint of Guiness with you black- sheep ;)

[center][url=http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=studiov]
Image[/url]
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66ghz, 2gb DDR2 800mhz, Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 256mb, Western Digital
stuart1044
Major
Major

Postby Harold » Sun May 21, 2006 5:35 pm

Yuk! Guinness! I'd join you anytime but only if they serve

CHEERS!
Harold
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby simonmd » Sun May 21, 2006 6:01 pm

I aggree totaly with you, blacksheep. There is nothing in the rules regarding the setting of the picture, just has to contain an authentic WWII prop driven aircraft. Therefore, a Spitfire taking off from modern day Heathrow would still count!
This months's screenshot contest entry> http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 1197692798
simonmd
Major
Major

Postby killerbunny » Mon May 22, 2006 9:34 am

Yuk! Guinness! I'd join you anytime but only if they serve

CHEERS!

;D ;D ;D Heineken ;D ;D ;D
You dutch people sure are strange :P

You can all come here, and join me to drink one of these :)

This has been driving me insane for a while now...but I've gotta speak my mind before it drives me even worse.

Don't get me wrong, the screenshots for this months comp are stunning...my shot hasn't got a hope in hell...

...But why god why...are some of you asking why certain aircraft, are not in their theatre of operations in the screenies?? WHO THE HELL CARES??!! So what if an RAF B-25 with D-Day markings appears over a tiny atoll in the pacific ocean...so what if a Japanese dive bomber appears over El Alamein in North Africa...so what if a hellcat appears over the european continent...it aint about what theatre the aircraft served in. The whole idea is just a world war 2 aircraft, in a screenshot with some great scenery to really make it stand out...it doesn't matter where in the world it is. I can understand the fact that it helps emphasize the situation it's in, but why complain? Just let it be.

Now that I've got that off my chest...im off to grab a nice cold pint of guiness. Thank you for your time everybody  :)

Black- sheep, you're absolutely right, IMHO, its completely irellevant if the setting is right or not. :)
Last edited by killerbunny on Mon May 22, 2006 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
killerbunny
Major
Major

Postby francsal » Mon May 22, 2006 10:06 pm

[quote]This has been driving me insane for a while now...but I've gotta speak my mind before it drives me even worse.

Now that I've got that off my chest...im off to grab a nice cold pint of guiness. Thank you for your time everybody
****X-Plane 11.41 / MSFS2020**** Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1080FE, 32GB RAM ****
francsal
Captain
Captain

Postby mrjake2002 » Wed May 24, 2006 10:06 am

Can i still enter even if i only joined recently?
[url]http://www.flickr.com/gravityxgrace[/url]
mrjake2002
Major
Major

Postby SomeGuy » Wed May 24, 2006 1:07 pm

Welcome to Simviation mrjake2002!

Unfortunatly, you can't enter this month as you registered after the May 1st deadline. However, you're free to enter next month's contest, so stick around, enjoy some screenshots and start practicing for June!

Most importantly however, be sure to read the contest guidlines at the begining of this thread. We've had a few dificulties with people missing those lately.
SomeGuy
Captain
Captain

Postby mrjake2002 » Thu May 25, 2006 11:07 am

ok thanks, looking forward to next months! :)
[url]http://www.flickr.com/gravityxgrace[/url]
mrjake2002
Major
Major

Postby Ghostrider114 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:11 am

so let me get this straight, can I use a WWII aircraft and post war scenery (i.e. the Arizona Memorial)?
Ghostrider114
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Simviation News & Info