Limit on images in a particular thread...?

Information from behind the scenes for anyone who's interested ;)

Limit on images in a particular thread...?

Postby Fozzer » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:43 pm

Hi Pete...!
In the "Chili again..." thread in Cafe' Simviation, with 563 views so far, I am loosing many of my recent photographs of my famous/infamous meals... :'(...!
Is there a limit on the number/size of photographs/screenshots, that can be uploaded/downloaded, to a particular thread...?

Cheers Pete...!

Paul.

P.S. I'm obviously wasting my time trying to feed you Beefburger/Chili lot with healthy, proper meals.... :'(...!

LOL...LOL...LOL...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Limit on images in a particular thread...?

Postby Craig. » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:48 pm

i thought there was a 500k limit per thread, i might be wrong
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:54 pm

Foz. The limit is on the size of the images. Anything over 100k gets trashed. There is also a limit of 500k per thread but I've noticed this is often ignored. The rules are quite clearly stated on the upload page but many people obviously don't bother to read them. This is all for very good reasons that Pete has explained here many times. I doubt that he has time to go through every thread & remove every image that exceeds the thread limit. ::)

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:16 pm

Foz. The limit is on the size of the images. Anything over 100k gets trashed. There is also a limit of 500k per thread but I've noticed this is often ignored. The rules are quite clearly stated on the upload page but many people obviously don't bother to read them. This is all for very good reasons that Pete has explained here many times. I doubt that he has time to go through every thread & remove every image that exceeds the thread limit. ::)

Hagar...!
...so, it looks as though you are going to have to keep paying the chef at your local "Breakfast Bar" loads of money every day for a meal, instead of trying out some of "Fozzers Amazing Meals" at a fraction of the price... ;)...!

Paul.

P.S. The meal recipes information thread is now closed.. ;)...!
..and may God have mercy upon your souls... ::)...!
LOL...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:33 pm

Sorry Foz. Not being fond of chili I haven't been following that thread. I didn't realise you were posting recipes. Seems I missed out.

There's no reason you couldn't crop those shots to make them smaller. Then you could post more in a thread. There's more than one way of killing a cat.

I've posted quite a few pix in the Photos forum since getting my digital camera. I keep them to 640 pixels wide these days & crop them to reduce the file size as much as possible.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:04 pm

Hi Doug...!
It's a bit of a problem... :'(...!
As an example...
Someone starts off a thread entitled: "Different types of Aero Engines"...
And lots of excited enthusiasts immediately up-load photographs of different types of aero engines together with their specifications, to this particular thread...!
It just seems a shame that after a short while the photo's will be deleted/ignored because of the limit, and the interesting thread will be brought to a standstill...!

Mmmmmm....?

Cheers mate... ;D...!

Paul.

P.S.  The Westminster Bank advertisement suggests: "There is another way"....?
LOL...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:49 pm

Well, you could always post the recipes in separate threads. Frantic Fozzer's Recipe of the Day - Day 1. etc. etc. etc. ;)
Last edited by Hagar on Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:30 am

As Doug said - these rules are essential & people need to know that running a  website like this on a limited budget requires a LOT of control to keep it all working, so to speak.

Please respect these rules.

The old saying comes to mind:

'abuse leads to restrictions'  8)
Last edited by pete on Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:25 pm

[quote]As Doug said - these rules are essential & people need to know that running a
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jared » Sat May 01, 2004 10:47 pm

There's more than one way of killing a cat.

You're killing cat's again?  ??? Please say it isn't so... ;D
Jared
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sun May 02, 2004 6:56 pm

You're killing cat's again?  ??? Please say it isn't so... ;D

It's just a saying. I like cats - Really. LOL ;)

PS. Unlike some people I could mention. :P

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Simviation News & Info