The Flight Forum...

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

The Flight Forum...

Postby BrandonF » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:26 pm

The description of the MS Flight forum category is currently "The New 'On-line Flight Game' from Microsoft - In Development."

Well, we all know by now that Flight is not an On-line flight game. (it can be run offline as well, and is not browser based) Maybe a description like "Discussion of Microsoft's upcoming new flight simulator - in development" would be better?

8-)
BrandonF
Major
Major

Re: The Flight Forum...

Postby pete » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:45 am

So you can install the program on your PC and use it without ever needing to connect?

I'm not too sure .....

Also the term 'simulator' may be not as accurate as 'game'. For insrtan ce you would not call 'Lock on' a simulator. At least I wouldn't. To be a 'flight simulator' the 'game' or program should be adjustable to the extent that it will fairly realistically simulate the real life experience of flying an aircraft. I'm not sure this is known yet.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BrandonF » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:13 pm

So you can install the program on your PC and use it without ever needing to connect?

I'm not too sure .....

Also the term 'simulator' may be not as accurate as 'game'. For insrtan ce you would not call 'Lock on' a simulator. At least I wouldn't. To be a 'flight simulator' the 'game' or program should be adjustable to the extent that it will fairly realistically simulate the real life experience of flying an aircraft. I'm not sure this is known yet.

Regarding being able to play offline, Microsoft published this new item back in January...stating that you can play online or offline:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news3

In this article, they state that they are not making an arcade game, but continue to discuss the "flight simulation experience." This could be debatable whether to call it a game or a simulator, but it is known that Flight will probably have an SDK, as there was an Ad of some sort that Microsoft published a while back where they were looking for a lead developer to take on the Flight SDK.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news2
BrandonF
Major
Major

Postby patchz » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm not too sure .....

Regarding being able to play offline, Microsoft published this new item back in January...stating that you can play online or offline:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news3

In this article, they state that they are not making an arcade game, but continue to discuss the "flight simulation experience." This could be debatable whether to call it a game or a simulator, but it is known that Flight will probably have an SDK, as there was an Ad of some sort that Microsoft published a while back where they were looking for a lead developer to take on the Flight SDK.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news2

I suspect their not calling it Flight Simulator has something to do with selling FSX to Lockheed Martin and legal issues.

Prepar3D 1.1
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Suggestions for these forums