Scale moddeling

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Scale moddeling

Postby sonic » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:25 am

May have been suggested before but how about a scale model forum I personally build only aircraft.
Specs
E6300, 3 gigs 800 Ram, 8800GT oc, 400gig Sata drive, Windows XP Pro 64 Bit..
sonic
Captain
Captain

Re: Scale moddeling

Postby expat » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:01 pm

May have been suggested before but how about a scale model forum I personally build only aircraft.

It has been suggested before, but for what ever reason (I forget) not taken up :(
I do aircraft, 1:32 and 1:24 and cars 1:8 (Pocher). Also 1:5 RC.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Boikat » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Me too.  Mainly sci fi, and finally sculpting prototype for minatures (dinosaurs).  I do a little now and then (plastic models) mostly if I have one on hand for one of the sims I have.  I just about finished an old Martin Sea Master. (I wonder how much the kit would have been worth if I had left it in the plastic wrap... :P  )

I about to start on a Heller 1/72 D. H 89 Dragon Rapide.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Major
Major

Postby pete » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 am

Problem is I don't think it would get enough attention to be worthwhile -- after all this is Flight Simuation which is based on Real Flight but scale modelling is a different hobby for which there are no doubt many forums & sites ....
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby an-225 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:39 am

Me too.  Mainly sci fi, and finally sculpting prototype for minatures (dinosaurs).  I do a little now and then (plastic models) mostly if I have one on hand for one of the sims I have.  I just about finished an old Martin Sea Master. (I wonder how much the kit would have been worth if I had left it in the plastic wrap... :P  )

I about to start on a Heller 1/72 D. H 89 Dragon Rapide.

If you are talking about THAT Sea Master..you know, the Revell one, it might not be worth much, because they were reissued recently. :-X Unless you have the one with different box art.

While it might get some attention, I think that scale modelling should only pop up in random topics in the Photo section, General Discussion or the Pilot's Lounge, and the site should remain dedicated to Flight Simulation.  ;)
Last edited by an-225 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
an-225

Postby Boikat » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:35 pm

Re the Mratin Sea Master.  It was the old issue.

But as far as a scale model forum, I sort of agree with Pete and an-225.  It's a hobby of it's own, and there are no doubt dozens of forums out there, but at the same time, posts or comments about a plastic model kit that may have some bearing on some aspect of of the simulation wouldn't be out of line of off topic, I don't think.  Like I said in my case, I'm thinking about building the model kits of the sims I have, and painting them to represent the favorite sim variation.

(Though, not *all* the sims I have.  I couldn't afford to buy the model kits (if they have one) of all the ones I have!)

On the other hand, there is a topic and forum for non sim "chatter"  somewhere, so an informal topic would not be too far out of line, I don't think.  Most likely it would deal with aircraft, anyway. ;)
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Major
Major

Postby ozzy72 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:29 am

Normally these things appear in either the General for stuff, Lounge (your own projects) or Photo for pics of your models ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sonic » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:50 pm

I can see your point, makes sence. Never hurts to try. :)
Specs
E6300, 3 gigs 800 Ram, 8800GT oc, 400gig Sata drive, Windows XP Pro 64 Bit..
sonic
Captain
Captain

Postby Plugpennyshadow » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:26 pm

Why not express your interest in scale modeling in the general forum with the link to the modeling forum you are a member of.  With you thread and all in the post.  Generate enough discussion in the general forum here about your other hobby and mods might start up a forum here for scale modeling.
Plugpennyshadow
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Suggestions for these forums