Thread Icons

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Thread Icons

Postby JoBee » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:08 am

Hi,

I am new to this board, so please excuse me if this has been covered before.

On other boards I visit there are thread icons that indicate threads I have posted in.

Is this possible here?

Seems a small thing but I don't always remember what threads I've posted on and like to keep up on follow up posts.

thanks for reading,
Joe
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Re: Thread Icons

Postby Steve M » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Of course you can click your user name to do that, but it is the longer way around.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby patchz » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:46 am

[color=#000000]You can also put a check mark in the "Check this if you wish to be notified of replies to this topic." I use this often when I want to keep up with posts in a particular thread.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby JoBee » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah, I was aware of both of those tactics, and was looking for something different.

Something where I can tell at a glance of the category the topics I had posted in.

Not a big fan of e-mail notification, enough crap to wade through there as it is.

I am not an expert, but I wonder if it would be more cost efficient for the host to modify my cookie once when I post to a thread, or send me an e-mail every time someone else posts to that thread. just curious.

regards,
Joe
Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:26 pm

The little buttons on the boards flash if there are new subjects there ... Plus there are 'new' icons in the boards on unread threads (some offering ...  :D )

I have had a look in the options and cannot (so far) see an option that would allow what you say ....
Last edited by pete on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JoBee » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks Pete.

Your efforts are appreciated.

regards,
Joe
JoBee
Captain
Captain

Return to Suggestions for these forums