Missing Modify Button!

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Missing Modify Button!

Postby Fozzer » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Hang about!.... :o...!

In the New Forum Browser...
It appears that our "Modify" button disappears after 24 hours since we sent our Post, so there is no longer the opportunity to modify our Posts to carry out any necessary modifications, corrections, amendments, additions, etc, which are later spotted!

Is there any chance of reverting to the previous Forums settings, where the "Modify" button is always available for use in our Posts when desired?

Paul....always on the look-out for my spelling, etc, errors, requiring correction!...;)...!

.... :)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Missing Modify Button!

Postby JBaymore » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:17 pm

It may be because I am a Mod... but I think that button is there on my postings right away.
Last edited by JBaymore on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageIntel i7 960 quad 3.2G LGA 1366, Asus P6X58D Premium, 750W Corsair, 6 gig 1600 DDR3, Spinpoint 1TB 720
JBaymore
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fozzer » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:52 pm

[quote]It may be because I am a Mod... but I think that button is there on my postings right away.
Last edited by Fozzer on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:00 am

Paul is correct. The Modify button disappears after a certain time. I remember this happening on the previous version of YaBB until it was changed.

I'm not sure this is very important in the scale of things. Most people seem to be unaware of its existence. From what I can see the average forum member doesn't bother reading his/her posts through directly after posting them, never mind 24 hours afterwards. ::)
Last edited by Hagar on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:45 am

Paul is correct. The Modify button disappears after a certain time. I remember this happening on the previous version of YaBB until it was changed.

I'm not sure this is very important in the scale of things. Most people seem to be unaware of its existence. From what I can see the average forum member doesn't bother to read his/her posts through directly after posting them, never mind 24 hours afterwards. ::)

That "Modify" button is vital for me, as I constantly go back and re-read my old posts to make perfectly sure I haven't made any daft, silly mistakes or errors, which will appear on The Internet until the End Of Time!... :o.... ;D....!

It was corrected (modified) at one time, so hopefully it can be done again in the "new" Forum!... :-*...!

Paul... ;)...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hagar » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:53 am

I'm not sure this is very important in the scale of things. Most people seem to be unaware of its existence. From what I can see the average forum member doesn't bother to read his/her posts through directly after posting them, never mind 24 hours afterwards. ::)

That "Modify" button is vital for me, as I constantly go back and re-read my old posts to make perfectly sure I haven't made any daft, silly mistakes or errors, which will appear on The Internet until the End Of Time!... :o.... ;D....!

Same here but I think we're pretty unique Paul.

As I said earlier, most members appear to be blissfully unaware of its existence, even if they bothered to read through what they just posted for mistakes & typos. It's obvious that most people don't consider this important nowadays. A lot of what I read on this forum is so much gibberish which makes it difficult to figure out what people are actually trying to say.

PS. I could quote plenty of examples but don't wish to embarrass anyone.
Last edited by Hagar on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:41 am

Fixed?

There is a time limit on modifying posts. I have extended it to 3 days. Should be enough.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hagar » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:49 am

Fixed?

There is a time limit on modifying posts. I have extended it to 3 days. Should be enough.

Thanks Pete. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:16 am

Please make it 3 Years, Pete....

...just for me*... :-*...!

Paul... ;D.. ;D..!

*...and Doug!... ;)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby aussiewannabe » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:08 am

I must be in the minority (like Paul) when it comes to using the modify button.

It's existence is more obvious to me than the dictionary.com link on top. 9 times out of 10, I'll check the spelling of a word through the Webster's Dictionary I have on my computer.

Thank you, Pete, for fixing the problem.
Last edited by aussiewannabe on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Media Center Photosmart m7260n | 3.0GHz Intel Pentium D 830 | 2 GB RAM | 320 GB HD | Sapphire X1950 GT 512MB | Silencer 610 Watt PSU

[center][img]
http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/aussie_sig1.jpg
aussiewannabe
Major
Major

Postby tcco94 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:49 am

Paul... ;D.. ;D..!

*...and Doug!... ;)...!

;D
You'll still be here in 3 years :D
tcco94
Major
Major

Postby pete » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:03 pm

In Firefox at least you can select spell check. I wouldn't be without it.  8-)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Fozzer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:41 pm

Paul... ;D.. ;D..!

*...and Doug!... ;)...!

;D
You'll still be here in 3 years :D

I double-check my spellings, etc, on my Sim V Forums for the past 10 years.... ;)...!

...and I'm not going away anywhere in particular in the next three years...trust me... ;)... ;)...!

My Firefox Spell-Checker checks my spelling as I type, but it doesn't tell me that I have typed something really silly in the past, that doesn't make any sense.... :-[....
.....that's when I need my trusty "Modify" button.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]...!

Paul... ;D... ;D...!

Remember; If you type something containing errors of any sort on an Internet Forum, and leave them uncorrected, they are there for all to see in an Internet Search Engine!
Be afraid...be VERY afraid!... :o...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby BigTruck » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:18 am

Hagar and Fozzer  ;D  ;D  How you two survive cruising forums daily amazes me with your spelling obsessions.  It is indeed much easier to read a thread properly typed, but we all know that is rare on an internet forum with all the text speak and leet speak.  I give you two kudos for your patience and tongue biting abilities.  I am one of those that has frequent spelling/language errors...being a Marine and all, if we don't know the right word or spelling we just substitute it with a cuss word  ;D  :D
Alienware X51_R2 (thank you wife) Windows 8.1, 6GB Ram, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU @3.50GHz
FSX Acceleration settings on max, no twitches or glitches.
Saitek X52 Stick and Throttle
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hagar » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:08 am

[quote]Hagar and Fozzer
Last edited by Hagar on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Suggestions for these forums