600K Warning on Upload Results

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Re: 600K Warning on Upload Results

Postby BigTruck » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:21 am

Those of you who break the rules on image sizes and linking are singuarly selfish as you are slowing things down for other users who may not have as fast a connection as yourselves. Now that you've admitted who you are we'll be watching. Any breach will result in the thread being removed!
Don't say we didn't warn you...

Took awhile to respond eh? ;D

It's been observed for quite some time now, but we have turned a blind eye to keep the members happy.  Now they want to rub it in our face and brag that they just ignore it?  Personally I'm insulted, we do our best to make sure EVERYONE (including dial up users) get the full experience.  The reason these rules are in place is so that ANYONE can come and enjoy the site, not just broadband users.

I'm rather disappointed after reading some of these posts, SimV is a great family of SimPilots, but there seems to be a few black sheep...
Alienware X51_R2 (thank you wife) Windows 8.1, 6GB Ram, Intel Core i3-4150 CPU @3.50GHz
FSX Acceleration settings on max, no twitches or glitches.
Saitek X52 Stick and Throttle
BigTruck
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mazza » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:40 am

Those of you who break the rules on image sizes and linking are singuarly selfish as you are slowing things down for other users who may not have as fast a connection as yourselves. Now that you've admitted who you are we'll be watching. Any breach will result in the thread being removed!

Took awhile to respond eh? ;D

It's been observed for quite some time now, but we have turned a blind eye to keep the members happy.
Last edited by Mazza on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunset Chasing...RULES
AMD 9550 2.43 X4 - 2Gb RAM 800Mhz DDRII - Asus 4670
Corsair TX-750W
Mazza
Major
Major

Postby Anxyous » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:25 pm

What's better, waiting 1 minute for a page with six shots to load, or spend 1 1/2 - 2 minutes on loading two pages with 3 shots?

Just saying...
Anxyous
Major
Major

Postby themoon7x » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:13 pm

how about having a seperate no-limit thread for high-rez pics in each of the graphical-related threads? i dunno what the server bandwidth situation is like with this site and if having those type of threads would cause any problems.....just a thought though.
themoon7x
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby th3flyboy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:38 pm

better idea, two versions of the site, one for high bandwidth, and one for low bandwidth with text only and pics as links. This would allow for the best of both worlds, and it would allow for users with slow connections to load in the text only, speeding up their experience in general, as they don't have to worry about loading pics on top of the page, and one for people with broadband which can load all they want. This way, if you can't handle one because of
Last edited by th3flyboy on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my rig
intel q6600 quad core, geforce GTX 280 OCX 1 gig, 4 gigs 800mhz ram, nforce 680i lt sli, 750 gigs hd, dvd rw drive, 23 inch lcd monitor, windows vista ultimate sp2 x64/Win 7 RC x64 dual boot, TrackIR 4 Pro with Trackclip, Razer Lachechis Mouse
th3flyboy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Brando14100 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:47 am

The site is pretty much text only right now.

8-)
Brando14100

Previous

Return to Suggestions for these forums