Monthly comp

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Monthly comp

Postby Mazza » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 am

About the Monthly screenie comp.. before the next one starts, can I suggest that we make it for all flight sims seeing I seamed to have helped to evoke more flight sims into SimV :D

I see it as this, if it's a flight sim and no payware add-ons are there then it should be allowed ;)
Sunset Chasing...RULES
AMD 9550 2.43 X4 - 2Gb RAM 800Mhz DDRII - Asus 4670
Corsair TX-750W
Mazza
Major
Major

Re: Monthly comp

Postby th3flyboy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:31 am

I agree, but lets expand this to any sims you can fly in, including things such as ArmA 2, X-Plane, CSP, FlightGear, IL-2, Falcon 4.0, DCS series, in other words, as long as you can fly, you can put it up...

This would easily assist in bringing in a larger simulation crowd than just MSFS, which to be frank, is a dying sim. MSFS now that ACES has been canned and it looks like it's going possibly going console only, needs to be supplemented, and to be honest, I'm all for expanding simulation horizons all the way. I would love to be able to post up just about any flight related sim screenshot I want, from me flying the KA-50 in DCS, to me flying and F-16 in X-Plane, to me riding on the side of an MH-6 in ArmA 2....

The fact is, MSFS can't survive much longer, Aerosoft is making their own sim, X-Plane is gaining a strong foothold, and there are plenty of other options out there. MSFS has severely hindered my screenshot capabilities in these competitions so far, I would have loved to be able to post screens from other sims in the process. Furthermore, I believe the resolution and size limits need to be killed, or at least less restricted, I take beautiful 1080p shots, yet can't post them because of restrictions on the forums.
my rig
intel q6600 quad core, geforce GTX 280 OCX 1 gig, 4 gigs 800mhz ram, nforce 680i lt sli, 750 gigs hd, dvd rw drive, 23 inch lcd monitor, windows vista ultimate sp2 x64/Win 7 RC x64 dual boot, TrackIR 4 Pro with Trackclip, Razer Lachechis Mouse
th3flyboy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Suggestions for these forums