A Flagging System?

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

A Flagging System?

Postby BFMF » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:22 pm

First off, I want to thank all of the admin who do a great job keeping this site a friendly place to hang out.

But due to the administrators who have their own lives, jobs, families, and real world obligations, I realize that they can't watch the forums 24/7 and read every post made.

So, my question is, would it be possible to implement a flagging system on the forums? This would allow members to flag a member/post/topic for questionable content, or whatever, and when a forum administrator logs in, whoever it may be would be able to deal with the issue.

Maybe make it a privilege system where abusing it would result in the loss of flagging privileges?

I'm just tired of reminding people of the standards and being completely ignored by the offenders, so i'm throwing the idea out there. So i'm curious, what do you all think?
Last edited by BFMF on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Re: A Flagging System?

Postby a1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:50 pm

Great idea but does it even work on these forums? Would these only be red flags for unruely posts?
790i : QX9650 : 4Gb DDR3 : GeForce 8800 GTX : 1 WD Raptor : 1 WD VelociRaptor 150
a1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BFMF » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:04 am

Great idea but does it even work on these forums? Would these only be red flags for unruely posts?

I don't know, that's why i'm asking if it's possible. Something similar to the idea of the flagging system on craigslist
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Fly2e » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:43 am

Interesting Andrew.
It would be interesting to see it "work". That is if YABB offered it and also if people did not abuse it. I can see flags going up all over the place for people who "think they are offended" or for people who thin that something is offensive.

As of now, we usually receive a pm with the link for the offending post. It works well. I would find it more offensive logging in and seeing 12 or so flags that need attending only to find out that it was a miscommunication or not offensive at all..

Dave
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby homebrewer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:32 pm

I looked through several of your screenshot galleries, Fly. Most impressive; very lifelike and realistic representations. Great colour balance and saturation. My favorite is the Cockpits and Interiors, but they are all very well done. Thanks for sharing...
My system: AMD Phenom 9500 cpu, 2 x eVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS Superclocked vidcards (640Mb DDR3 each), Zalman "sunflower" 9700 fan, Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 mobo, 4Gb G.Skill PC2-6400 DDR2 800Mhz RAM, 2 x Sony 20X DVD writers, Thermaltake Toughpower 8
homebrewer
Captain
Captain

Postby Steve M » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:52 pm

I have'nt been here for a long time, but I enjoy coming home from work and checking out Simv. Admin does a nice job. Flagging might be to many cooks in the kitchen.  Steve  :)  
Steve M
Major
Major

Return to Suggestions for these forums