Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Postby cpthammond » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:27 pm

hello, Is it just me that just dislikes 1 screenshot in a post? I think it is pointless and a waste of bandwidth. It gives me the impression that they just load up any where, just one screen shot then post when they could easily collect a bundle of screenshots and post them. It doesn't take time to collect a group of screenshots, put them in one thread rather than put one screenshot in one thread. It is very hard to compliment or criticise someone  just for one screenshot. Sorry If I come across as a moaner but It is frustrating for me when people post a good series of screenshots only to be pushed down by loads of one screenshot posts.

Rant Over.

Cheers,
cpthammond
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Posts

Postby a1 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:38 pm

I agreee. Besides the Studio and Edits where there are Critiques and works of art, all other screen shot forum should have more than one shot. And yes I agree it doesn't take a long time to collect a bunch and put them up at once.
790i : QX9650 : 4Gb DDR3 : GeForce 8800 GTX : 1 WD Raptor : 1 WD VelociRaptor 150
a1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Xyn_Air » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:29 am

Um . . . er . . . I guess it depends?

I mean, are they uploading only one screenshot because that is all they have?  Or, are they making a lot of one screenshot posts that could be put together collectively under the same subject (such as, "my flights over Africa in a Cessna", or, "my favorite views of 737 engine nacells")?

If a person had only one image to share, then by all means, I think they should be able to share it.  Sometimes I can take dozens of screenshots and come up with only one that is worth half-a-damn (though honestly, I cannot remember the last time I posted pics).

However, if a person is being lazy (though, I am not sure how making extra posts helps along with that), then, yeah, I see your point.  It would be considerate to put related pictures together.

Then again, I am not an official sort of fellow here, so what am I rambling on about?

Slinking off,
~Darrin
Xyn_Air
Captain
Captain

Postby Sir_Crashalot » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:43 am

I've seen threads with 1 shot in it that was better than a thread with 5 or 6 in it. I posted threads with 1 shot in it. Why? Because that shot was good enough (in my opinion) not to be spoiled by 2 'lesser' shots. And if you find it hard to compliment someone for just posting 1 shot, than don't.

Crash ;)
Sir_Crashalot

Postby Tweek » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:19 am

If a person had only one image to share, then by all means, I think they should be able to share it.  Sometimes I can take dozens of screenshots and come up with only one that is worth half-a-darn (though honestly, I cannot remember the last time I posted pics).

Precisely. If someone doesn't want to post more, then they shouldn't have to. ::)
Tweek

Postby cpthammond » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:51 pm

I suppose it's just a matter of opinion basically, just going to have to agree to disagree.
cpthammond
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Ashar » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:46 pm

If a person had only one image to share, then by all means, I think they should be able to share it.  Sometimes I can take dozens of screenshots and come up with only one that is worth half-a-darn (though honestly, I cannot remember the last time I posted pics).

Precisely. If someone doesn't want to post more, then they shouldn't have to. ::)

Agreed...Or we could turn evil and badger them about it :D
Blabbing Away at SimV Since June 8, 2004
Ashar
Major
Major

Postby Wing Nut » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Did I miss something?  I don't know of any limit on the number of images posted.  Only 1024, 150kb and 600 kb total.  Most screenies can be safely taken down to 50kb which gives you a total of 12 screenies posted...
[img]http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1440377488.jpg[/img]
Wing Nut
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Suggestions for these forums