New forum?

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

New forum?

Postby expat » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:15 am

Any chance of a forum in real world for models and modeling (not the scantily clad type). Over time I have noticed that there are quite a few model makers/builder that are members of SimV. It would give us a place to swap ideas, show pictures etc without leaving the comfort of our own room so to speak.

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: New forum?

Postby MWISimmer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:42 am

As a keen modeller in my youth I like the idea of a "modelling" forum, but don't think it's mainstream enough to warrant it's own forum.
The cafe Pilot's lounge would be the place to discuss anything to do with modelling, and I, Kevin and Jared to name but a few have posted photos of our models in the Photo and camera forum.

Nice thought though Matt  :)
MWISimmer

Postby C » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:47 am

I'm with Matt on this one. Quite a nice idea. :)
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 61_OTU » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:16 pm

Any chance of a forum in real world for models and modeling (not the scantily clad type)

Any chance of a forum for the scantily clad type as well?
Last edited by 61_OTU on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
61_OTU
Major
Major

Postby Ashar » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:23 am

Any chance of a forum in real world for models and modeling (not the scantily clad type)

Any chance of a forum for the scantily clad type as well?  ;D ;D ;D

Stole the words right out of my mouth :D ;D :D
Blabbing Away at SimV Since June 8, 2004
Ashar
Major
Major

Postby Xyn_Air » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:53 am

I would just like to throw my vote in with Matt (not that we, um, vote here, but you know what I mean).  I think a modeling forum (specifically about aircraft, yes?) would be snazzy.

~Darrin
Xyn_Air
Captain
Captain

Postby expat » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:43 am

As a keen modeller in my youth I like the idea of a "modelling" forum, but don't think it's mainstream enough to warrant it's own forum.
The cafe Pilot's lounge would be the place to discuss anything to do with modelling, and I, Kevin and Jared to name but a few have posted photos of our models in the Photo and camera forum.

Nice thought though Matt  :)

Whist I agree it is not that main stream, there are quite a few of us. Posting in the photo forum or the cafe poses one small problem. The ability to look back at what has been posted before. With these two forums, the subject matter is so large, that it is easy to lose a particular thread that you want for reference. Model making is all about that. Also, I have posted modeling questions before and due to the large turnover of posts, the thread that I have started flies down the page before I can get an answer because admittedly, the majority of members are not interested in this area of aviation (though I do build 1:8 scale cars too ((Pocher))

Matt
"A bit of a pickle" - British translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.

PETA Image People Eating Tasty Animals.

B1 (Cat C) licenced engineer, Boeing 737NG 600/700/800/900 Airbus A318/19/20/21 and Dash8 Q-400
1. Captain, if the problem is not entered into the technical logbook.........then the aircraft does not have a problem.
2. And, if you have time to write the fault on a napkin and attach to it to the yoke.........you have time to write it in the tech log....see point 1.
expat
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Suggestions for these forums