Elections?

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Elections?

Postby NDSP » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:16 am

I was wondering if I could suggest us having an annual moderator election? Anybody who has been on the forum over a year can be nominated, and we have stages of voting until it is down to 5 or 6 members. The mods would have full power to deny anyone from the election though, as in if they do not trust a certain member who has been voted for, they can be taken off the ballet. It would go to a poll, and then the member with the most votes would become the next moderator. Obviously there might not be a need for more moderators, and no body would be forced into becoming a moderator if they do not want the responsibility. Please do not think I'm trying to BS my way into becoming a mod, because I wouldn't qualify. I just had this idea and wanted to suggest it.

Nick
NDSP
Major
Major

Re: Elections?

Postby Mictheslik » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:17 am

I was wondering if I could suggest us having an annual moderator election? Anybody who has been on the forum over a year can be nominated, and we have stages of voting until it is down to 5 or 6 members. The mods would have full power to deny anyone from the election though, as in if they do not trust a certain member who has been voted for, they can be taken off the ballet. It would go to a poll, and then the member with the most votes would become the next moderator. Obviously there might not be a need for more moderators, and no body would be forced into becoming a moderator if they do not want the responsibility. Please do not think I'm trying to BS my way into becoming a mod, because I wouldn't qualify. I just had this idea and wanted to suggest it.

Nick

To be honest, I think we already have a superb team of mods, who are fair and just, and the number of them is about right....do we really need any more???

.mic
[center]Image
Mictheslik
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby NDSP » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:24 am

Nick

To be honest, I think we already have a superb team of mods, who are fair and just, and the number of them is about right....do we really need any more???

.mic

Yah, I thought about that, and I know we do, I just had a suggestion in my mind.
NDSP
Major
Major

Postby Fly2e » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:34 am

[quote]Posted by: NDSP Posted on: Today at 8:16am

Nick
Last edited by Fly2e on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Craig. » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:45 am

Dont tell me people are actually having a go at you Dave?
I'd say thats bang out of order if they are.
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby machineman9 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:37 am

i think a moderator should be someone who has earnt the right in the admins/other mods eyes... i dont think its very fair or reliable to get a position as high as a moderator from being a year old user or 'winning' the position.
machineman9
Major
Major

Postby an-225 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:15 am

Nick, what advantages could an election possibly possess? I think if anything, mods in different time zones should be the thing to push for, so we are moderated basically, 24/7.
an-225

Postby NDSP » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:20 am

Nick, what advantages could an election possibly possess? I think if anything, mods in different time zones should be the thing to push for, so we are moderated basically, 24/7.

I'm sorry, it was just a suggestion that was in my mind.
NDSP
Major
Major

Postby colsie123 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:11 pm

i think a moderator should be someone who has earnt the right in the admins/other mods eyes... i dont think its very fair or reliable to get a position as high as a moderator from being a year old user or 'winning' the position.

So you do not support democracy just an observation. The PM or President of the UK and USA is voted in for a reason as teh people want them in for a reason same applys everywhere.
Join my VA go on
colsie123
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby PsychoDiablo » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:25 pm

So you do not support democracy just an observation. The PM or President of the UK and USA is voted in for a reason as teh people want them in for a reason same applys everywhere.

except for online forums ;)
Last edited by PsychoDiablo on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -
PsychoDiablo
Captain
Captain

Postby Hagar » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:41 pm

Who said anything about democracy? This is a private forum & the owner makes the rules. That is his right.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Felix/FFDS » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:51 pm

As a point of information, neither the US nor the UK are democracies.    FOr sure, Simviation is NOT  :)
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Craig. » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:19 am

And if Mods were voted in, you'd have far too many personal interests involved and friends voting in friends regardless of how mature they are or how well they would ever be able to do the job.
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby C » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:53 am

As a point of information, neither the US nor the UK are democracies.  

Thanks Felix. I'm glad you ( a mod) said that. I agree! ;D
C
Colonel
Colonel

Postby C » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:59 am

Maybe the annual

SimViation Member's Member of the Year Awards

(The SimVs)

would be more appropriate. Then we could have egos massaged at no practical cost to the forum...

Awards could include:

"Member's Member of the Year"
"Young Member of the Year (under 17s)"
"Lifetime Achievement Award (for the more "mature" posters, as opposed to an "Old Member of the Year" ;))"
"PITA of the Year"
"Poster of the Year"
"Best Thread of the Year"
"Most Pointless Poll of the Year"

finally,

"Most Ridiculous Suggestion of the Year"

This is post my entry. :P ;) :D ;D
Last edited by C on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
C
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Suggestions for these forums