More airsoft

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Re: More airsoft

Postby Cobra » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:37 am

"Gun phase" thats interesting. And yes it is a sport. The group in Texas is has close to 1000 people attend at one time at big games. Theres forums out there with more than 30000 members for airsoft. And your little shotgun cost what, 30 bucks? Thats nothing compared to high end gear. Airsoft is a Mil-Sim game (Military Simulation). Check your facts before you go posting about something you have absolutely no clue about. BTW its not a little kids game, airsoft is also used by several Police Departments as a training tool.

What are you talking about checking my facts? You do realize that your post is exactly what makes 'airsofters' appear so immature. I can't think of anyone that wouldnt love to run around the woods shooting their buddies with bb guns......but its the fact you take it so seriously, its hilarious. They are just toys!

+ i know you think you look really cool all geared up, you don't... :P Some of those pictures in Photo's  ;D ;D ;D
Last edited by Cobra on Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAA/FAA PPL + Night Rating!

Quad Core 6600 2.4GHz ~ nVidia 8800GTX ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM 800MHz ~ Sound Blaster X-Fi 7.1 ~ Samsung Pebble 20" ~ Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound

[center][img]http://www.simvi
Cobra
Major
Major

Postby ThatOnePerson » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:00 am

Care to elaborate on how that makes airsofters immature? Unless you state your facts that meens nothing. As for taking it seriously, most people who play the game do. And thats obviously something you will never understand.  And by checking your facts I mean, you act like every person who plays arisoft is a kid......my dad is active in it, he even bought himself a couple guns. So before you start acting like "your so much better" just because your 2 years older than me, foget it. All youve shown me is when someone else is interested in something you arnt you make an effort to attack them about it. ;D
Last edited by ThatOnePerson on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Float like Pissed-Off Butterfly, Sting like Bad-Ass Bee."
ThatOnePerson
Major
Major

Postby Cobra » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:18 am

Im gonna admit defeat here, don't know why I think its sooo imature, it definatley is in the Uk, but sounds like its a whole different thing in the US. LOL dont mind me anyway...if you enjoy it go for it ;)
JAA/FAA PPL + Night Rating!

Quad Core 6600 2.4GHz ~ nVidia 8800GTX ~ 4GB DDR2 RAM 800MHz ~ Sound Blaster X-Fi 7.1 ~ Samsung Pebble 20" ~ Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound

[center][img]http://www.simvi
Cobra
Major
Major

Postby AlphaBravo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:29 pm

Im gonna admit defeat here, don't know why I think its sooo imature, it definatley is in the Uk, but sounds like its a whole different thing in the US. LOL dont mind me anyway...if you enjoy it go for it ;)

So the events that attract 400+ people of all ages in the uk make it imature... :-? ( i saw a few people playing at my local site that were over 60! :P)  

Add me to xfire: alphabravo0sw
AlphaBravo
Captain
Captain

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:57 pm

A lot of people like to dress up as pirates and run around shouting "arrrr!"

But does that really make it mature and a sport?
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Craig. » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:16 pm

A lot of people like to dress up as pirates and run around shouting "arrrr!"

But does that really make it mature and a sport?

No that makes it a night out in Leeds ;D ;D
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ThatOnePerson » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:17 pm

Were not pirates and we dont go Arrr.... ::) ;D

ThatOnePerson
Major
Major

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:38 pm

Were not pirates and we dont go Arrr.... ::) ;D

No. You dress up as soldiers and shoot at people in the woods. I think it's comparable.

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ThatOnePerson » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:24 pm

So your argument that its not a sport becasue dressing up as pirates isnt a sport. I see what your getting at but its apples and oranges. I have yet to see a huge group dressed up as pirates on a regular basis. And just becasue alot of people havnt heard of airsoft, it is indeed, a sport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft
Last edited by ThatOnePerson on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThatOnePerson
Major
Major

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:28 pm

So your argument that its not a sport becasue dressing up as pirates isnt a sport. I see what your getting at but its apples and oranges. I have yet to see a huge group dressed up as pirates on a regular basis. And just becasue alot of people havnt heard of airsoft, it is indeed, a sport.

I can guarentee that more people dress up as pirates than play airsoft. So if you're not willing to call it a sport, why should anyone recognise airsoft as a sport when all it is is playing soldiers.

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ThatOnePerson » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:30 pm

Maybe more people do dress up as pirates...on halloween. Check the link I put. Also most searches on google will refer to it as a sport. And for some reason alot of people do recognize airsoft as a sport...go figuire :P Care to show a link to the sport of dressing up as pirates?
Last edited by ThatOnePerson on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThatOnePerson
Major
Major

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:41 pm

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ThatOnePerson » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:42 pm

Thats a day....and has absolutely nothing to do with what you said earlier ;D

ThatOnePerson
Major
Major

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:48 pm

If you'd bother to look there are loads of pictures of people dressed as pirates. Whats more it has it's very own day. Is there an international airsoft day? I think not.

Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ThatOnePerson » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:51 pm

I could make a site and create an airsoft day, Same as they did. It isnt much to back your arguement with. I still dont know what made you feel the need to even post in this thread.....
Last edited by ThatOnePerson on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThatOnePerson
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions for these forums