Upload page idea

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

Upload page idea

Postby Romulus111VADT » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:17 am

The new upload page is really great with the way it gives you exactly what you should post to get your pictures to appear. Also in the way it will tells you if your picture is formatted wrong or is to big.

Why not make (or add) to more sections. One that is specific for avatars. Like a "Avatars Only", that will make sure the size is correct. Also a section for signature pictures. Like, "Signature Pictures Only" that will also make sure that those pictures are the correct size. This will hopefully eliminate the problems that the mods are having enforcing the rules.

Just some thoughts.... ;)

;D
Former member
Romulus111VADT
Major
Major

Re: Upload page idea

Postby Saitek » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:46 am

That's an excellent idea! 8) I wonder if it is workable?
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E2180 2GHz
GA-P35-DS3L Intel P35
Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2) DDR2 6400C4 800Mhz
GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
2 x 22" monitors
200GB Sata
Be Quiet! Straight Power 650W

Flying FS
Saitek
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hagar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:52 am

The idea's fine in principle but even if it's possible I don't see how you can force people to use it. They don't read the rules now.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Romulus111VADT » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:10 am

The idea's fine in principle but even if it's possible I don't see how you can force people to use it. They don't read the rules now.

Well, one possible way would be that most people will not attempt to post pictures as small as an Avatar or Signature Picture in the main body of the posting. So if the picture was less than a specific size. Then the normal uploads would reject it as too small. If a person were to want to post a really small picture in a posting, then they would need to use the, "Avatar Only" and "Signature Picture Only" uploads.

Just some ideas, for what they're worth.... ;)

;D
Former member
Romulus111VADT
Major
Major

Postby EirePlane » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:31 am

Not sure if that would work. some people use thumbnails in their screenshots. Maybe a radial box (the round check boxes) on the upload page so people could select what they are uploading (screenshot/photo, avatar or sig) that way, although it's not foolproof, only blatant disregard for the rules would slip through (and those people could be banned or dealt with in another way)
EirePlane
Captain
Captain

Return to Suggestions for these forums