LANGUAGE

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

LANGUAGE

Postby emmanuel723 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:02 am

hey my engles is not to well so i had en idea maybe the modertors of the forum will but like a page for people wit difrent languages like me i speek french very much
Police think they can see me lean
I'm tint so it ain't easy to be seen
When you see me ride by they can see the glean
And my shine on the deck and the TV screen
Ride with a new chick, she like hold up
Next to the playsta
emmanuel723
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: LANGUAGE

Postby Souichiro » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:21 am

A lot of us don't have english as their main language. I for instance am Dutch ( sorry bout that ). There are not a lot of french speaking members here so you'd be quite lonely there.

We at simv don't care if someone's english isn't good. As long if you try to get it correct. Who knows your english might improve when posting here. Practice makes perfect my friend.
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fly2e » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:01 pm

Emmanuel, here two days and trying to change things, eh  ::)

I remember Pete the webmaster once saying something like...
"Since English is the universal language for airlines, Simviation's universal language is English"

We have people from all over the world around here and those who do not speak English as their 1st language, seam to speak fine.

We at simv don't care if somebody's English isn't good. As long if you try to get it correct. Who knows your English might improve when posting here. Practice makes perfect my friend.

Alrot for instance does not speak very good English but tries very hard and seams to not have a problem conversing with everybody. I think that his English has improved allot since he 1st joined probably due to him coming here.

So, your "French" forum or "Other language" forum will not fly as Simviation has and always will be an English speaking web site!
And if we were going to add another forum, I can think of a few more aviation related topics that would take priority over a forum that would "separate" people.......!

Dave
COMING SOON!
Fly2e
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:50 pm

English? Dave sometimes does English as an Irish American although he does have a blind spot with seam/seem......
I think we'll avoid French 'cos I'm terrible at it ;)
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby legoalex2000 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:49 pm

e's talking about an international forum, for people who want to speak to others in fluent tounge.

i like the idea, but people can and will take advantage of that. they can harrass people and the victim wouldn't know because he is spanish and they are speaking polish.

it's a good idea, but society says differently.

:)Ramos
legoalex2000

Postby Saitek » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:09 am

Just my two pence worth, but I don't like that. Firstly, unless the mods and admin know the language what on earth could go on in there? Secondly, it segregates and divides the site. English is the language of the western world and most people speak it. If one finds it hard to speak in English, then the answer is to learn it - not change things for the majority. I know it is hard, but you speak it quite well and you will improve with time.  :)
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E2180 2GHz
GA-P35-DS3L Intel P35
Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2) DDR2 6400C4 800Mhz
GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
2 x 22" monitors
200GB Sata
Be Quiet! Straight Power 650W

Flying FS
Saitek
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Felix/FFDS » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:43 am

What's next, a Geordie forum?
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Woodlouse2002 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:58 am

What's next, a Geordie forum?

Damn right. ;D
Woodlouse2002 PITA and BAR!!!!!!!!

Our Sovereign Lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains c
Woodlouse2002
Colonel
Colonel

Postby ozzy72 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:55 pm

a Geordie forum?

Wey aye man ;D
There are two types of aeroplane, Spitfires and everything else that wishes it was a Spitfire!
ozzy72
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hai Perso Coyone? » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:54 pm

Je parle Francais...Je suis confortable quand tu parle Francais avec moi... ;)
Hai Perso Coyone?
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby flyboy 28 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:36 pm

Well think this way, what happens if someone posts somthing inappropriate in a foreign language, and none of the mods know what they said? To be honest, I think Pete would only entrust the guys we have now as mods, not someone he dosen't really "know" and have them in charge of a forum.

Just my two cents.
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:00 pm

I have to rather agree with the general consensus. Also, we usually have someone else around that understands both languages well enough to explain what's said in English (PM each other, if necessary). I've tapped into German and French sites and mainly just look at the pictures; I wouldn't even think to have them start an English version on my account. I have picked up a little (very little) more German along with some translating that former member Bjorn (aka Heretic) did for me (I also told him that the first person dictating German to a scribe must have had a huge muffin in his mouth -- and I always thought some of our English words were long  :o!).
Je parle Francais...Je suis confortable quand tu parle Francais avec moi... ;)
I can often decipher what's written in French because I was forced to take it in grade school but I don't speak French and am not comfortable with my feeble attempts at it.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Souichiro » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:31 am

We could always talk in code    ;D

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Felix/FFDS » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:43 am