The SimV Airport

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

The SimV Airport

Postby legoalex2000 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:26 am

i'm pullling this from the multiplayer thread...

what would you think, if we had an airport? like Hovercontrol has 4S2 (Hood River) as their home base.

people from here could design sceneries for that airport, and thats where we  could host the SImV fly-ins...

I'm with Locke in suggesting somewhere in Hawaii. I like the Island of Kaua'i the best (well, thats the only island i've been to ;))

so yeah, thats the lowdown.

:)Ramos
legoalex2000

Re: The SimV Airport

Postby cspyro21 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:29 am

That would be cool! We could have hangars with our names on ;D *goes into dreaming about airport*

I gotta say though, if Locke, or whoever endeavors to make this "SimV Airport", if they need help I'd be willing to offer it and, in the end, they would deserve a beer ;D
cspyro21
Major
Major

Postby Felix/FFDS » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:47 am

I believe Shoreham is for sale ....  let's make an offer and keep a REAL airport open!
Felix/FFDS
Felix/FFDS
Administrator
Administrator

Postby legoalex2000 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:14 am

I believe Shoreham is for sale ....  let's make an offer and keep a REAL airport open!

info please? if im gonna donat money, i wanna know why i am, and where it's gonna go.

sorry but i have to blunt bout that.

DDUUDDEE! the Ozzy terminal (with pictures of his greatest flips) ;D

and the Katahu Hospital - need no further explanation ;)

and pete HAS to get the control tower, it has to be. ;)

legoalex2000

Postby Souichiro » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:56 am

Hmmm Hawaii will have some Golden Hawaii issues... but that is fixable... What's the biggest island field?
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Overspeed » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:49 pm

I second it! Really cool idea...
Overspeed
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Katahu » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:13 am

and the Katahu Hospital - need no further explanation ;)

For the last time, the proper term is "Katahu's Psyciatric Institute of SimViation". If it were a hospital, it wouldn't have padded rooms [and lots of them]. ;D 8)

Don't forget a parking garage for those who are grounded like me. 8)
Last edited by Katahu on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katahu
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:47 am

Here we go again... ;)...!
Only one person can design the airfield, which then has to be uploaded to the Simviation Scenery section, and then downloaded and installed by everyone wishing to use the scenery....!
...otherwise it won't appear on your monitor...!!!
...and if everyone decides to add their own bits and pieces to that particular scenery the additions wont appear on anyone else's monitor unless the modified scenery is again uploaded to the Simviation Scenery section as a new file, and everyone downloads and re-installs the up-dated, different scenery....!
...trust me...!

Special scenery will only appear to everyone, providing that everyone downloads, and installs it...
...its the way it works...;)...!

ONLY ME! can see all my amazing scenery add-ons for FS 2004....no-one else can, unless I upload ALL the scenery to Sim V, and anyone interested in it then downloads and installs it to their computer...!
...its the way it works...yet again...;)...!

Take Rollerballs amazing Kai Tak scenery for example, unless you download it, and install it from the Sim V scenery section, you wont see it...!
...and if you decide to modify it yourself it by adding bits and pieces, no-one else will see your efforts...!!!
It's so simple to understand...;)...!
..bleedin Norah...!

LOL...!

Paul...8)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

~

Postby Scorpiоn » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:03 pm

Only one person can design the airfield, which then has to be uploaded to the Simviation Scenery section, and then downloaded and installed by everyone wishing to use the scenery....!
...and if everyone decides to add their own bits and pieces to that particular scenery the additions wont appear on anyone else's monitor unless the modified scenery is again uploaded to the Simviation Scenery section as a new file, and everyone downloads and re-installs the up-dated, different scenery....!
...trust me...!

Special scenery will only appear to everyone, providing that everyone downloads, and installs it...

ONLY ME! can see all my amazing scenery add-ons for FS 2004....no-one else can, unless I upload ALL the scenery to Sim V, and anyone interested in it then downloads and installs it to their computer...!

Take Rollerballs amazing Kai Tak scenery for example, unless you download it, and install it from the Sim V scenery section, you wont see it...!
...and if you decide to modify it yourself it by adding bits and pieces, no-one else will see your efforts...!!!
..bleedin Norah...!

LOL...!

Paul...8)...!

So...

When's the new scenery gonna be made? ;D
The Devil's Advocate.
Scorpiоn
Major
Major

Postby legoalex2000 » Mon May 01, 2006 12:17 am

...trust me...!

..bleedin Norah...!

LOL...!

Paul...8)...!

i never said we had to create scenery for the SimV airport, I'm just saying we have a home airport to do flying, for like the airshow, and jsut to establish ourselves somewhere.

legoalex2000

Postby Fozzer » Mon May 01, 2006 1:49 am

I never said we had to create scenery for the SimV airport, I'm just saying we have a home airport to do flying, for like the airshow, and just to establish ourselves somewhere.

Hi Lego... ;D...!

What I am trying to point out, before everyone leaps in, is that since you mentioned a special home airport for Simviation, everyone and his dog is falling over each other eager to design airports for the SimV home base, none of which will appear unless they are properly uploaded to Simviation for the enthusiasts to then download, and install for the home airfield....and then NOT modified in any way!...;)...!
Unless this is done, your idea of a "Default Airport" is the only one which will work.

Oshkosh was an ideal choice for our Airshow at the time because it is a default airfield which already contains default objects for EVERYONE to see... ;D...!
Using that method, everyone could pop in to the SimV Home Base and exactly the same scenery will be viewed by everyone.... ;D...!

All you need now is to select a Default Airport satisfactory to everyone....
...and thereby lies the problem...as usual!...LOL...;D...!

Cheers Mate...!

Paul... 8)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Mon May 01, 2006 2:18 am

[Otherwise], your idea of a "Default Airport" is the only one which will work... because it ...already contains default objects for EVERYONE to see... ;D...!
Using that method, everyone could pop in to the SimV Home Base and exactly the same scenery will be viewed by everyone.... ;D...!
All you need now is to select a Default Airport satisfactory to everyone....
...and thereby lies the problem...as usual!...LOL...;D...!
I agree with you (see, Foz, that can actually happen! :o :D) with all but that the same scenery will be viewed by everyone. Some of us cross our fingers, some cross their toes and some cross their eyes: all at the same airfield but entirely different views. 8)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon May 01, 2006 2:27 am

Here are some classic examples of some of my own designed scenery for my base location and runway on Point Reyes, California...
...using LAGO FSE, Abacus E-Z Scenery and Runway 3 scenery design programs...
...which, I guarantee, no-one else will see as they fly over it...
...not even my own runway, and NDB transmitter....;)...!

All they will see is the DEFAULT scenery...trust me... ;)... ;D...!

Paul...
8)...!
Last edited by Fozzer on Mon May 01, 2006 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby H » Mon May 01, 2006 2:45 am

That was agreed (although there is supposed to be a fix -- sort of a temp upload -- to allow your scenery to be seen) and I can't see why any of us would not understand that. 8)
Last edited by H on Mon May 01, 2006 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Fozzer » Mon May 01, 2006 2:51 am

...... and I can't see why any of us would not understand that. 8)

...only if you are over a certain age...
..trust me...LOL...;D...!

Paul...full of common sense....occasionally.... ;)...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to Suggestions for these forums