2 Ideas

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

2 Ideas

Postby Souichiro » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:01 pm

As explained in the below thread:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb/ ... 1145394219

Basically Idea 1

Designer week: why not pick out a designer who has done a great deal for the freeware fs world like for instance Rick Piper... a team of about four or five people choose a designer who they think has done a lot for the fs world. for Five days they and maybe more will post shots of the creations... Now I know this might be harder for the lesser known hero's who create things like Gauges and such... My initial idea was to at least get one or two admins/mods in the team but this can also stay a pure member thing. Set up and managed by the members. The idea is very much open for improvement and all additional comments are very welcome!

Idea 2

A Simv award...

Simv is one of the great three in the Flightsim site world. For me and many others...It's the best. Simv is the most freeware orientated site of the three. Maybe it would be possible to create somekind of Simv award. This could be awarded monthly or maybe 6 or 4 times a year. I don't know yet. Of course we would have to decide on whether to create several categories and we would have to create a virtual award which would have to include the name of simv and......( open for suggestions) There could be a poll in which the forum members can vote for their favorite! This would require mod/admin support and I do not know whether there is a mod / admin who is willing to help out with this. Of course the final word belongs to Pete.

My goal with these ideas is to send out an extra thank you to all those great Freeware designers. Who sometimes give soo much and get back so little! Also I hope it would attract more members to Simv and last but not least more brilliant freeware addons.

And yes I know there is a forum called designer feedback but that one isn't used half as much as it ought to be.  

As you can see in the thread there is some backing from the people there although I don't know how the sentiments are amongst the other members.

These are roughly my two ideas... I do not think that I'm the first to think of them but I do hope they can be implemented in the future of Simv!

Thanks in advance to all for reading this incredibly long and boring story and I hope you like the ideas!!!

Thanks

yours truly

Souichiro/Martijn
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: 2 Ideas

Postby cspyro21 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:45 am

Nice idea Martijn, I'll back ya there! 8)

If it ever does happen, I'd be on the "team of 4 or 5" if you wanted me to (as I imagine you'd be "team leader" ???)
cspyro21
Major
Major

Postby Souichiro » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:48 am

If it ever does happen, I'd be on the "team of 4 or 5" if you wanted me to (as I imagine you'd be "team leader" )

I was planning on asking you already   ;D And no I don't neccesarily have to be the team leader... I think there are other more qualified people for that!
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby cspyro21 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:04 am

I was planning on asking you already   ;D And no I don't neccesarily have to be the team leader... I think there are other more qualified people for that!

Wow! Thanks! 8)

And no I don't neccesarily have to be the team leader... I think there are other more qualified people for that!

Fair point - you would make a fine team leader, but there are others who would do just as good a job... :)
cspyro21
Major
Major

Postby Mynameisnemo » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:10 am

My goal with these ideas is to send out an extra thank you to all those great Freeware designers. Who sometimes give soo much and get back so little! Also I hope it would attract more members to Simv and last but not least more brilliant freeware addons.

i'm going to back your both your idea's 100% Martijn, as its a great idea.

nemo...........
Mynameisnemo

Postby legoalex2000 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:04 am

im totally with you on this one. the 2nd idea that is. we need to recognize people for their great works of art airplanes ;)

4 times a year.

I vote for Moach 1st qtr 2006!

:)Ramos
legoalex2000

Postby RichieB16 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:14 pm

The second idea could be really simple too-maybe just a a certificate in pdf form for the designer(s) or something and a mention of it on the home page with a link.  Like "Simviation's Best Freeware of the Month is..."

The only problem would be if its a voting deal or if someone in power would simply select it.  I think voting would be better but it would be a lot harder as well.  Unless someone wanted to chose nominees and have a poll on the forum.

I know I would be willing to help out in someway, I could write a review of the winner-I've written them before.  I could write one per month, that wouldn't be too hard.  I like writing them, I just struggle with finding the time-but I think I could set aside a couple hours each month to do it if someone liked.
RichieB16
Major
Major

Postby Souichiro » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:23 am

I was personally thinking of a voting system....Maybe even a page on the mainpage in which all the winners are featured... A review would be great! We still need to work out the details.... The second idea will require mod/admin assisctance though.. so I wonder what they think/feel ;D

Thank you all for your kind feedback!
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hai Perso Coyone? » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:52 pm

I'd love to be a part of this...It's so creative and original...Great idea Martijn old buddy ;) ;)
Hai Perso Coyone?
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:01 am

Hi Martijn,

Thanks for these 2 really good suggestions. I've been thinking of an 'award' for some time with an emphasis of quality & innovation --  with designs which can go back weeks, moths or even years.

I would think they could be rolled into one. My main concern is, like the screenshot contest,  if it's gonna start it needs to be backed enough to be sure it will carry on.  That means a few people who've been arouind enough & are seasoned enough to make it work well & keep it going.

We could start a forum for this to kick it off.

Suggestions of how it would work would be good but there are certainly no shortage of potential winners. I'm sure Garry Smith or someone would design an award logo :)

Let's talk more about this & see if it has the momentum to get going.
Last edited by pete on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Sir_Crashalot » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:27 am

Great idea. I would love to see such a thing here at SimViation.

Crash ;)
Sir_Crashalot

Postby Souichiro » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:29 pm

[quote]Hi Martijn,

Thanks for these 2 really good suggestions. I've been thinking of an 'award' for some time with an emphasis of quality & innovation --
Souichiro
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby RichieB16 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:15 pm

I would be happy to help out with an award if my help is needed.  Like I said, I could commit to writing a review for the winner each month, one review per month is deffinately doable for me.

I am more than happy to help out.

If its going to be forum based, I think there needs to be a group of people involved in "nominating" a select number of planes per month.  Then, perhaps a poll for a week to determine the winner.  Because we are limited to only a specific number of options per poll (8?) I think the best route would be to select a commette to nominate the 8 and then for everyone else to vote on them.  I don't know if it could be done any other way with the current setup.

Ideally each person could submit a vote for whatever addon they want but then someone would have to keep track and I think it would get complicated.  If there was a panel to select the finalists (simular to the screenshot contest) I think it would work the best.
RichieB16
Major
Major

Postby flyboy 28 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:17 pm

I too would be willing to review if need be. :)
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mynameisnemo » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:29 am

i would be willing to help out with the ideas and would also like to help out with the screenshots if possible?

Nemo.......
Mynameisnemo

Next

Return to Suggestions for these forums