message for eno

Have you any suggestions for additional forums or improvements?

message for eno

Postby flightmedic » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:45 pm

Thank you for your reply.

But I will inform you that as dealing with the law every day with my job there is in no way anything illegal about it.

If you purchase a product with your own money, than that product belongs to you. FS9 is not like Nortons or the windows program itself. Since I bought it with my own money, and it is a game, I am aloud to do with it as I please. Regardless of what computer I put it on. Especially when I use multiple computers on a regular basis. I suggest next time you get the facts or ask questions before you go "taking the law" if that's how you like to see yourself, into your own hands. Too bad I can't do my job on a tingly feeling and a thought.

If any one tried to bring up charges or tell an officer of the law that someone who bought a game legally, let their friend put it on his PC that is used by the person who bought it, and that might be illegal,
Last edited by flightmedic on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flightmedic

Re: message for eno

Postby Ecko » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:50 pm

Ohh.. You're one of those guys who doesn't read even the basics of the EULA.
Ecko
Major
Major

Postby Mobius » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:53 pm

This site supports Microsoft's Flight Simulator.
We do not support piracy, file sharing or illegal file swapping.

Even though the patch had been in the download section, it was removed by the administrator Pete as the "No CD Patch" is not a VALID file when used with Microsoft's flight Simulator.

After speaking with Microsoft recently, it was brought to our attention that the "No CD Patch" is a "work around" to not having the Flight Simulator Discs in a licensed machine when using their program,......
thus people could be using their software illegally!

Therefore it is file sharing.

Most of us never look at it that way as people use the NoCD patch so they don't "burn out their drives" or have to place a disc in every time they want to fire up the sim.

This site is a business
and if it is going to stay in business,
we will support the company that gives us our business!

As most of you already know, Simviation is one of the biggest Flight Sim Sites on the web. There are thousands of downloads from this site each day.
The forum members exceed 17,000 people!

For this site to remain one of the leading Flight Sim Site's on the web, we will stand behind Microsoft when it comes to this sort of thing.

Thanks,

Simviation......

You will find everyone's opinion on this matter unanimous.  Whether or not you feel it is illegal, Microsoft doesn't support it and they see it as a way around people purchasing their own product, as your friend has done.  Since we all know Microsoft is not a charity, they want everyone to buy their own copy, and for this reason, they don't want people doing exactly what you are doing.  Locking the thread was site policy, and for a continued discussion, see [url]HERE[/url].
Mobius
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:27 pm

I must say that I am getting a little fed-up with the amount of discussions that are being "locked" in Simviation at the moment, in an over-enthusiastic way.......!
It's getting to be rather excessive, I feel... ;)...!

Paul... 8)...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby eno » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:28 pm

I pointed out in my other thread that this site in no way condones the copying of files from the original discs and sharing them with others, that in itself is illegal.

I have at no point said that anyone is doing anything illegal ...... I mearly pointed out that using the NO CD patch, which one of you obviously is, MAY be illegal.

However what you asked for in your thread which was to ask for someone to copy the offending file and send it to you goes against the rules and nature of this forum ...... That is why the thread was locked.

I will make the suggestion that you get your discs back from your friend and copy the offending file from there rather than asking our members to possibly commit an offence.
Last edited by eno on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][img]http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/imaginsigeno.jpg[/img][/align]
eno
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby flightmedic » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:39 pm

First of all, my friend, is living in my house, and it is on my computer. I just happen to own and live in a few house throught the yr due to work. If microsoft, or anyone else for that matter, has a problem with me buying my own game, nad installing it on MY various computers...........all I can say is tough $shit. I don't have to buy multiple games to load on mMY OWN computers.

As for perhaps offending anyone on this forum because I asked about a stupid file............all i can say is get a life.

I should have listen to the desk Sgt when he told me about some of the people on this board.
flightmedic

Postby Hagar » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:45 pm

Whether I agree with it or not I would like to point out that there is a very good reason for this site's policy on this subject. It was discussed at length in the appropriate forum some time ago. http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1132347108;start=0

locking a topic because you don't like it, is by all rights, illegaly telling me I can't practice my freedom of speech.

Sorry, as this is a private forum you have no right of free speech here.
Last edited by Hagar on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flyboy 28 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:50 pm

Sorry, as this is a private forum you have no right of free speech here.

Aye. Not everyone here lives in the US, and even here it is not a guarenteed right. I believe a while back we had a member from Iran. See what his country does about stealing.
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby legoalex2000 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:27 pm

Aye. Not everyone here lives in the US, and even here it is not a guarenteed right. I believe a while back we had a member from Iran. See what his country does about stealing.

aye very true. also, it seems the only people deemed to use the "freedom of speech" scapegoat are the media. now yes we should get our news, but we are spending millions (i wouldn't be suprised that other countries do the same, even under US protection) to protect a journalist just so he can say he was "on the front lines."

sorry, had to blurt that out, was festering within me.

and since we are on a private un-moderated (in terms of governments) forum, pete declares what is free speech. it's one of the lovely things about the internet.

i totally forgot what i was going to originally write. ::)

:)Ramos
legoalex2000

Postby flyboy 28 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:35 pm

and since we are on a private un-moderated (in terms of governments) forum, pete declares what is free speech. it's one of the lovely things about the internet.

Then isn't Pete the government?

Oh no! :P
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby RichieB16 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:36 pm

...I don't know if government is the right term.  I think "Big Brother" fits the situation better.   ;)
RichieB16
Major
Major

Postby legoalex2000 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:17 pm

Oh no! :P

peachy, we have dave and felix as local police... oh boy, I want a recount! ::) :P ;)

just messin!

:)Ramos
legoalex2000

Postby Craig. » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:37 am

I'd say he's more of an overlord. ;) ;D
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby flyboy 28 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:36 am

There we go. :)
flyboy 28
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:30 am

I'm just a simple webmaster ... :)

& what a webmaster wants is for his valued users to have a good time at his site.

It's also the reason we have mods - to try our best to make this place a nice & friendly place & give people what the good ones have come here for - entertainment & help.

I always like to think that a good forum is a bit like restaurant. If you start insulting feloow visitors, being rude, etc - you would be shown the door.

& remember it's for the good of other users  - you.

(PS -  flightmedic resigned - he wasn't banned. He didn't commit anything near to what he could have been banned for)
Last edited by pete on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Suggestions for these forums