Threat report from Norton?

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

Threat report from Norton?

Postby Tug002 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:57 am

Hey there. I didn't know where to put this so I posted it here hoping the right person will see it. Norton is blocking this site when using Chrome as a browser and the following reason was given.

Threat Report

small-warning Viruses Threats found: 1
Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Threat Name: Trojan.Gen.6
Location: http://simviation.com:8888/download?fil ... 474g4bicv1

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Re: Threat report from Norton?

Postby pete » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Thanks for feedback - attending to the reason why norton seems to find some threat

Meanwhile please see this https://forums.simviation.com/phpBB3/vi ... 9&t=177535

&& ...... wondering why you are looking at a '8888' link ..... ?? Must look into that - may be a beta area when the site was being built.

I can assure all that simviation is completely safe and all files are scanned as part of upload & approval process. (malware and anti virus and other security is on the server)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Canuck1955 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58 pm

Norton is like a fussy old lady that tut tuts at just about everything. Had it years ago and got rid.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Tug002 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:19 am

The link that I posted was the link that norton said was unsafe. As far as the website goes I know it is safe as I have never had any issues with any downloads or any other problems whatsoever. I added a comment on the norton website stating that the website was safe and I have never had any problems of any kind. Just to let you know they also blocked the Ottawa Sun webpage for about a couple of weeks for some unkown reason too :shifty: Chrome is the only one that gives me the block with norton. With Microsoft Explorer ther is no problem.

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Postby dadam141 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 am

I had this problem too and I am using internet explorer so its not just chrome
dadam141
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Tonydb » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:11 am

Had this problem a lot with Norton, it was efficient in blocking harmless sites but utterly unreliable in stopping viruses, worms etc. I switched to Emsisoft a few years back and have never had a problem since then.
AMD FSX 8 Series 4.65 KHz, 16GB Memory, ASUS MB, 2 X 2TB hard drives, 1 X 1TB SSD, Orico 4TB external backup drive, AMD 9000 series Graphics Card, 3 X AOC 25" Monitors Saitek AV8R, Saitek throttle block, custom cooling
Tonydb
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links