norton

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

norton

Postby dadam141 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:53 am

Norton is saying that simviation has a Trojan on website file=Cessna152.zip&sessionId=h3stgtqng8etdhjh474g4bicv1 is this true!!!!!!!!
dadam141
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: norton

Postby pete » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 am

Simviation is a completely safe website. I have however had 3 other reports about this file in the past days although it's been there for nearly 10 years.

I have scanned the mentioned file (Cessna152.zip) with Norton

Results:

+++++++++++++++++

Scan Statistics:
Scan Start:
Local: 28-Jul-17 2:23 PM
UTC: 28-Jul-17 1:23 PM
Scan Time: 4 seconds
Scan Targets: ..\Cessna152.zip
Counts:
Total items scanned: 106
- Files & Directories: 106
- Registry Entries: 0
- Processes & Start-up Items: 0
- Network & Browser Items: 0
- Other: 0
- Trusted Files: 0
- Skipped Files: 0

Total security risks detected: 0
Total items resolved: 0
Total items that require attention: 0

Resolved Threats:
No risks have been resolved

Unresolved Threats:
No unresolved risks

+++++++++++++++++

However I am deleting the mentioned file as for whatever reason Norton is seeing it as some kind of threat.

An old file and it will not be missed I am sure.

I have also started a case with Norton about this because sometimes a warning will label a website as unsafe in general and this is unfair and simply inaccurate. They are investigating.I can assure you simviation.com is a safe and reliable website and we maintain the highest standards at all times.

Feedback is much appreciated.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dadam141 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:40 am

thanks pete for youre reply just thought I would let you know I have been using simviation for long time never had any problems it has always been awesome thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!
dadam141
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:20 am

I can remember, many years ago, it took the headache and inconvenience of having to completely Format my Hard Drive at the time, to remove all traces of the Dreaded Norton, Payware, Gimme loads of money, Program, after it got itself automatically installed into my computer system!
It firmly refused to be uninstalled or deleted, and only a complete Format of my hard Drive (and the loss of everything) was necessary to completely remove it, and all its annoying bits and pieces, and return my life back to normal!

Paul....and AVG.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pete » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Having spoken with Norton today they were a bit strange and the verification process simply did not work. Very keen on getting me to sign up to a 'norton safe' deal for websites ....... Part of me is thinking you know what ...... (pay $$)
Anyway they say they themselves cannot see anything at all wrong on running a test. A case has been opened and they say it will take about a week to conclude. Let's see!

Meanwhile -- test with any other site test and you will find

SIMVIATION IS SAFE!!!!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links