Auto install problems

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

Auto install problems

Postby proudarmchairpilot » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello all,
I have had some problems with two auto installers in the past two days. I was able to download another package that I previously had installed and uninstalled it when I switched systems and it Installed no problems so I don't think it is my system. I have tried to install both the Vagar Airport (Faroe Islands) freeware created by Azurafiles and the Merida Package (airport located in Venezuela) posted by David Maldonado. On the Vagar link once it's installed and I run the installer it immediately says that an update is available. However, once you click to go ahead with the update it just sits there and says "downloading" but it doesn't actually do anything. I let it run overnight (around 9 hours) and nothing had changed by the morning. If you click no then you can get all the way to the point where it asks for the license code (look in description on SimV) and then the installer crashes.

For the Merida installer it gets all the way to actually installing and then right before it finishes there is an error message that says "Unable to execute file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\SVMD-Merida\SceneryInstaller.exe
Create process failed; code 2.
The system cannot find the file specified."

Any idea on what's going on? I have updated everything I can think of (Microsoft update and specifically driver updates for everything and .Net framework updates to the latest version). My system is Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit). Intel core I7 @ 2.30 GHz. 8 gigs of RAM. Nvidia GEforce GT 650M-2GB. HP Pavilion dv7. It is kind of an older system but I haven't ever had any problems with it before that a little routine and preventive maintenance couldn't take care off.

P.S. I also ran a virus and a malware scan just to be on the safe side and surprisingly the Merida file got red flagged as a Malware Generator. That was through Avast. I don't know of that true or if something is screwed up on my end. All I know is it is officially beyond my ability alone to fix it. Any ideas gents (and ladies if they are reading this?) Thanks!
proudarmchairpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Auto install problems

Postby Jean Loup » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:07 pm

:?: Have you tried to Install Manually?? (unZip to a TEMP file & from there go into the FS9 -or FSX or whatever your world is- program Files, until finding the place indicated. A Little tedious but shurer, some installers take different routes tan intended -corrupted or infected or PMS-. :think:
Jean
<<t
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby proudarmchairpilot » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:21 am

I was able to finally get the Merida one installed after fiddling around with it. However, the problem now is the fact that it has a sloped runway. That's the whole reason I downloaded it because it was a sloped runway and it was free. The only two I've ever downloaded that worked we're payware (Lukla X and Courcheval) However something is wrong with the textures and the runway is going through the hill. I installed all packages that we're recommended in the readme.txt file (several terrain meshes and stuff). I might try importing some of the .bgl files into ADE and tweaking some of the settings and maybe putting an exclusion rectangle around the airport. Still trying to get the Faroe Islands one fixed. I'll try installing manually. Fingers crossed.
proudarmchairpilot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby 511Flyer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 pm

I only auto-install to my desktop. I then check it all out before completing a manual install. I have Faroe Islands working perfectly, although it may not be the same scenery as yours.

Den.
511Flyer
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links