Am I Doing Something Wrong Or Is Downloading Disabled?

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong Or Is Downloading Disabled?

Postby eclemente » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:08 pm

Tug002 wrote:I would do like Bass said "Run Malwarebytes full scan. (Delete what it finds)" I did this on my computer and couldn't believe what it found. :shock: Runs like a charm now. :D

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Ya i've done that and still no go on the downloads. I mean the window pops up and looks like it always has, click the link and just waiting. It says "waiting for simviation.com" down on the bottom. Maybe something is being blocked? I'm using Firefox.
eclemente
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:59 am

Apart from what has been said -- what browser are you using and have you tried using a different one? Firefox is generally the easiest in my opinion . ..... but you must have some block somewhere and usually the simplest things are the culprits
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bass » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:46 am

As pete said.

Have you cleaned your cache and reg? (Most of us use CCleaner.)
Have you tried to let Simviation get through firefox security settings (and maybe also in your firewall)?
"Just try to be YOU"!............ Kurt 

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby Bass » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:01 am

eclemente :!:
Your lack of feedback leaves all of us in here with some emty feelings :naughty:

System. GA-X58A-UD3R, i7-950QC, Corsair XMS3 18GB 2000, GTX 780 tf 3GB, Corsair CMPSU-850, 24 BenQ 120, TM Hotas cougar, win7 pro.
Bass
Major
Major

Postby logjam » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:01 am

Firefox is getting worse. They have introduced page blocking tech to stop being redirected. I don't know how to change this yet, but it seems you have a different reason for not being able to download. I would suggest your firewall settings.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby eclemente » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Sorry about the delay. I didn't forget about you guys. Ya I am using Firefox and Norton 360 for firewall. If anyone has this configuration let me know. This is getting really annoying. I checked the firewall but have no idea when to look for. Firefox was allowed. Nothing was blocked which is annoying as well. I have never changed any settings in the past so who knows.
eclemente
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:44 am

Thank you eclemente, for getting back to us :clap:

Not to get rude or something like that, but at this time, i would hang my culprit hat on Norton!! McAfee, Kaspersky and Norton (Symantec) are known troublemakers, even when handling normal and innocent web activity :think:
As i said, its just my hat.

Bass
Major
Major

Postby logjam » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:53 pm

I would like to suggest using "Internet Download." It works extremely well and is free. Now, one fly in the ointment is the new Firefox. They have by default excluded external add ons. You have to go to the menu and enable each add on.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby logjam » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:56 pm

sorry it's called "Internet Download manager." :mrgreen:
logjam
Major
Major

Postby eclemente » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:44 am

Ya i am ready to just give up. You have all been really helpful. I am having some in game issue now and it is just not fun anymore. For some reason all my water has turned into default ground texture and there are frickin trees everywhere. I use to love flying but i am on the brink of just giving this up. Firefox is sucking out my will to live.
eclemente
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:49 am

I really dont think you can blame Firefox for your problems! There is something else preventing you from downloading.
Your latest problem has certently nothing to do with Firefox. It looks to me like a bad scenery install, overwriting other!
I know how you feel, most of us have been there.

Bass
Major
Major

Postby Hagar » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:19 am

eclemente wrote:Ya i am ready to just give up. You have all been really helpful. I am having some in game issue now and it is just not fun anymore. For some reason all my water has turned into default ground texture and there are frickin trees everywhere. I use to love flying but i am on the brink of just giving this up. Firefox is sucking out my will to live.

I agree with Bass. I know how frustrating this must be for you but Firefox is not the cause of your problem. It certainly can't be blamed for problems with FSX.

As I've said before, I've used Firefox for many years on several different PCs & operating systems. I always update to the latest version & I've never had a problem downloading files from Simviation or anywhere else. If you dislike it so much why not try another browser? There are plenty of alternatives to choose from.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby eclemente » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:13 am

Ya i was not blaming the Firefox. It is just that the ingame issues mixed with DL issue was just driving me crazy. I had been thinking of reinstalling for a while, but now i can't get some of my more favorite planes and what not. I have not installed ground textures in like forever so that's why it was frustrating that now they are all screwy. I will try to keep knocking away at this DL issue. if i find anything i'll pass it along.
eclemente
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby eclemente » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:27 am

OK so some new info to share. I was told to try something and it shed some light on this issue, maybe. He said try downloading a small file.

here is one that's only 0.11Mb big http://simviation.com/1/download?file=update-1.zip&fileId=43726 its a mission but just click and let it hang.

Amazingly it goes to the save/open prompt. So this means that each file need to now be pre-loaded in it's entirety. This is the suck for files that are big. This sheds light on where to look. Anyone know of a way to stop the browser from pre-loading the files? hope this brings some light and helps us all steer in the right direction.

Fly on my Brothers and Sisters
eclemente
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bass » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:38 am

Your link is not a mission. Its a .jpg!!
Have you ever pointed your downloads to a specific folder?
I got one folder i made on C: named >downloads<.
:?

Bass
Major
Major

PreviousNext

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links