Logged On vrs. Off Line

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

Logged On vrs. Off Line

Postby FoMoCo63 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:54 pm

In the Topic "Autos" and the thread "50 Years Old" I've noticed that when I'm Logged In I see only 1 post when I enter the thread, and that was made by the last person to respond. There are a total of 11 replies when viewed before entering the thread to see the replies. (see photo below of viewing thread Logged On, notice 1 post reply and 1 page only)

When the post is viewed Off Line by myself I see the entire contents of the post, all 11 replies are there as well as the photos posted. Any idea of whats going on, and a possile solution. Thread was started by yours truly here FoMoCo63. Thank You admin.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Logged On vrs. Off Line

Postby pete » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:11 am

Hi

Sorry to hear of your problem. I can't replicate it. I log in - log out - log in as an ordinary member - I see 12 posts every time.

Are you still having the problem? It could be something to do with cache on your PC. If you have another PC try it on there and see if the problem is still there.

Let me know if the problem persists.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FoMoCo63 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:57 am

I did try another PC and the same results, I have 2 PC's both have XP SP3 one is Home and the other Professional XP. I run IE7 on both systems. All is up to par on both PC's with latest Java Runtime, .NET Frameworks from 1.0 to 4.0 runtimes all updates and service packs, C++ librarys from 2005, and 2008, and 2010 all updates. Direct X latest update, windows installer 4.0

All certificates are allowed/enabled. I really don't know if I can do much more on my end, I can see the entire post off line, but when logged in just the 2 recent last posts made only. Another post was made like yesterday and I'm able to view that logged in, so I can see just the 2 posts in the thread logged in.

I'll go through my settings here at SimV and see if maybe something I might have checked might be interferring with this. Logged in I'm unable to view anything prior to the change over it would seem. Thanks again Pete, have a nice day sir.
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:21 pm

I didn't realise this was an old post and had been converted. Maybe you're not the only one having this problem but feedback is a rare gem.

Can you try viewing in firefox? It could be a bug that never came to light. But again I have no trouble seeing it in any browser or situation.

It may also be that some accounts did not convert OK. Have you ever had any trouble logging in or did you have to reset password? Anything like that?

Thanks and sorry for the trouble --- If only there were more people prepared to feedback we'd have ironed all these problems out months ago. (thanks!)
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Steve M » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:22 pm

If it's any help, I have IE8 with XP pro and XP home on another PC and have no problem viewing all the posts. I don't have IE7 however.
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby FoMoCo63 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 am

Located the source of my problem, and it was a failure on my part to go into my User Control Panel here at the Simviation Forum.
It would seem that the default set was for 6 months for me in,
User Control Panel/Board Preferences/Edit Display Options/and Display Topics and Display Posts were at 6 months.
I set both to "All" and now am able to view any and all posts while Logged In.

When Logged In I also noticed that there were only 8 pages that could be viewed in certain Topics versus the over 800 plus when viewed Off Line. So I had a feeling there was a setting somewhere for me set to view everything. Sometimes it's the simple things that get over looked.

It's nice to know that everything works like it should here at simviation, sorry Pete for the confusion. I appreciate your jumping right in and ready to tackle the situation :oops:
FoMoCo63
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:42 am

Actually it's not your fault at all -- that shouldn't need to be done. there are a few things set by default that shouldn't be -- I reckon a lot of people have had this too.

I will see if there is a solution ....

Once again sorry for the problem and thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links