unable to download file

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

unable to download file

Postby Motaki » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 pm

I see that several people have had problems with downloading.  Some suggestions were to run Cleaner which I did and I still cannot download.  Also suggested changing the browser.  I use google crome and still no change.

Can someone help me with this??

BlackWolf
Motaki
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: unable to download file

Postby pete » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:43 am

Have you tried rebooting? Firefox?

It is a very rare event (we have 10's 1000's daily users) and it can be very difficult to know all the variables that can cause this - in different users systems.

I suggest if you continue to have a problem to temporarily turn off firewall and anti virus to see if they are blocking us.
Have you tried another PC in your home? That will also help to identify why you are having this trouble.

Let's hope you get it resolved.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Re: unable to download file

Postby warbuff » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:03 pm

When trying to download files over 2 mg, the download freezes and I can't contiune. Either the dowload gets timed out or the link is broken. At one time I could download bigger files on the site, but not any more. Both firewall and antivirus turned off. I have tried this on 3 computers; one with ME, XP Home and XP Professional. I only have dial-up, but on other FS sites I can download bigger files up to at least 50 mg, though it takes time. Any ideas? I really can't afford to pay more for a faster connection which may solve the problem.
warbuff
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links