VERY slow D/L Speeds

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

VERY slow D/L Speeds

Postby wowie » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:26 am

Although an Express paid-up member my D/L speeds are between 7-10KBsec.
I have tried everything, including Firefox to speed it up to no avail. No other sites have this problem.
I have a fast ADSL connection.

Any suggestions are more than welcom. :-/
wowie
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: VERY slow D/L Speeds

Postby pete » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:50 am

Hi Alan

As you know I have tried everything to help you and even refunded your payment.

You have joined up again but I can only suggest there is something in your system that is preventing access. It could be some kind of security that thinks simviation is a file sharing site -- or firewall ---- so many possibilities.

If you have another PC that may help to identify the problem - but other than clearing cache - ccleaner - another browser - rebooting your PC -- turning off firewall/anti virus for one session to see if that is causing the problem --- I can't help much further at this distance from you.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby wowie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:14 am

You have gone to huge lengths to help me solve this problem which impressed me and I am willing to donate my Express fee regardless of fixing it.

Follow-up.
Regarding my one in ten thousand plus problem with "Simviation.com".

I have now tried downloading on 3 different computers each using a different system and different virus killers and the only constant between all three is the server "iinet".

I have contacted them and will let you know the results.

Be well all and take care......Alan :)
wowie
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby mkhde » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:43 am

Hey Pete

I think you have a issue with your hdd. You reached sometimes your maximum of reads per sec. I had the same problem last year with my site. So i splitted my download server in 3 vservers with 3 dedicated hdds. I think you run freebsd on your server so you can check the reads and writes on our hdd with iosys
mkhde
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links