Download speeds not increasing!

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

Download speeds not increasing!

Postby Tom Shannon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:17 am

I paid the $20, or
Tom Shannon
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Download speeds not increasing!

Postby pete » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:43 am

1st off Tom sorry to hear you've had this problem. FS is a niche hobby and no site offers the kind of real time downlaods offered by the internet's big sites due to the costs involved.
However you should certainly get better than that.

Check my download speeds (I only have non cable - telephone line broadband)

Make sure you are logged in.
Suggest you do a tracert next time this happens - this might tell you if there is a block somewhere along the route between your PC and our server. (Start - run - type 'tracert www.simviation.com')

The image below shows a 300MB download and as you can see it should take about 20 mins normally. (peak times get busy when we have had some large popular files uploaded)
Last edited by pete on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tom Shannon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:44 am

Hello Pete,

I really do want to get involved in this particular hobby and getting money back is a last last resort, there are no threats here!

Your download speeds massively surpass mine, but I believe my internet might be getting 'throttled' for these downloads. If my internet supplier believes a P2P download is occuring, it  slows it right down until after midnight. If the source is deemed legitimate, it downloads at really quick speeds.

I'll do some playing around with it, but do you believe that the downloads could be viewed by my ISP as the same type of files as torrents?

Tom
Tom Shannon
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby pete » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Tom

I doubt they would identify Simviation as a P2P site. I would have heard about that. It could be that they've throttled files over a certain size ... but that seems very unfair and unusual. I would contact them to see if they can help.

Hope it gets fixed.
Last edited by pete on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tom Shannon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 am

Hi Pete,

Yeah I don't believe it would be classed as that, even so you seem to have an impressive track record so the blame is soley on British Telecom :)

Thanks for your reply and your help, I'm glad to be part of the 'community'.

Tom
Tom Shannon
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby 2extreme » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:46 pm

G'day,
I have been having this download issue for couple months..
At first it was worth the bucks, but 60-70 mb stinks. I ran your text in the cmd prompt box... don't know what it means.
Speedtest.net tells me I'm at 17-18 to 21 down, and 1.8 up.. I'll be happy to send or post screen shots if you need them..
This isn't my first rodeo.. What do ya think is going on?
Thanks,
C Mason
Owner/Admin
www.usvaf.com
Charley
2extreme
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Jetranger » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm just sayin,,,

I'm located in the midwest of the USA

I've rarely experienced hardly any download issues on my end over here, its really reasonably well , even tho I'm a non paying member

I do have HIGH Speed Cable / Time Warner - Road Runner Internet is my provider

I have a 10 month old Desk Top computer thats, well way upgraded  with all kinds of techno' stuff, from high end graphics card to processor and 12 GB of Ram and a 32" Flat screen coupled with a 27" flat panel screen.

In the 2 years I been back on gathering Aircraft & scenery from this end over here in the midwest of the USA, I've experienced very little trouble actually,, nothing worth noteing ayway 

Maybe it the internet connections thru Service Providers or something, or slow computers, or WI-FI connections maybe,,???

Just lettin Pete know, from where I'm at, anyway, its seems fairly decent on my end over here.

Anyway, hope this helps somewhat - depending on where your located ?  :-? 
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links