problems downloading from Simviation

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

problems downloading from Simviation

Postby Evan Popchock » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Hey, I have a problem that I hope somebody can offer me some help with.  I just discovered this morning when I tried to download something from this website that I got an error message saying that only non-registered users can download two files simultaneously, and I was only trying to download ONE file.  Before this problem, I started having difficulty downloading two files at the same time because of this same message.  Now I can't download anything.  Any suggestions :-/
Evan Popchock
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: problems downloading from Simviation

Postby pete » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:25 am

Hi

This is a problem experienced by some users - it must be something on some users systems because it is a minority issue and we have not been able to replicate it despite many attempts on many different PC's.

Meanwhile please clean your temp files with something like cCleaner (safe, free and good) - that should fix it.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Club508 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Okay, I've got something new, weird, and really good on this.  Okay, for those who haven't know the problem I had, here you go, if you know it, skip the next paragraph.  If you don't want to know the case or anything, skip to the last paragraph.
    Okay, whenever I would try to download a second download and I only had one other thing downloading, it would for some reason show me the screen that says I can only download two at a time as a non-member, which I am.  I would only be able to download 1 at a time and sometimes I would have to do a weird combination of reloading, page swaps and other wierd computer "acrobatics" with my internet and mouse to even do that one, this was after all the browser history clearing etc..  The problem, after a month or so, ended up deteriating to where I couldn't download ANYTHING from Simviation at all no matter what I did.  It would just give me the 2 download limit even though I was downloading nothing.

Alright, whew that was a long winded paragraph! :o (as usual)
Okay, here's the news from me.  Okay, I decided to just not use the computer giving me the troubles for about a whole week at all.  I just shut it down, and switched to my backup laptop for the pretty much the whole week.  Then, after giving this thing a good whole week of rest, I started her up and went to Simviation.  For some reason, I can now thankfully download the two limit again. :)  I don't know if it was the weeks rest, a site update or what, but for some reason, it's working.
    All in all, I'd suggest if you can, leave your computer shut off for a good while then start it up again and try again.  Otherwise, I'm clueless as to what helped.
Club508
Major
Major

Postby Evan Popchock » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:17 pm

I am able to download again. I tried clearing out the cache and it worked.
Evan Popchock
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links