Express Membership

Experiencing a problem using Simviation? Please ask questions or report problems you have here.

Express Membership

Postby greenberg1940 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:38 am

I paid my express membership on 30 oct 2016. I have not been able to download anything using the exmem status, but get the snail freebee download box. Can you fix it for me? PLEASE ? Thanx, Jerry Greenberg :clap:
greenberg1940
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Express Membership

Postby pete » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:31 am

Hi Jerry
Your account had not been activated. Maybe the email sent after you registered ended up in your spam or junk folder?
However you don't need to do anything now as I have activated it for you. I have also logged in and tested your account - which is working fine.

I have also sent a reminder of your username/pw by private message and email.

& thank you very much for your support.

Pete Daly
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tonydb » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:17 am

Wish I could get express membership, sadly non of the payment options work from my location. At best I get 7Kbs, not that that matters as most downloads fail at some point and with no resume support downloading from Simviation is a rare event.
AMD FSX 8 Series 4.65 KHz, 16GB Memory, ASUS MB, 2 X 2TB hard drives, 1 X 1TB SSD, Orico 4TB external backup drive, AMD 9000 series Graphics Card, 3 X AOC 25" Monitors Saitek AV8R, Saitek throttle block, custom cooling
Tonydb
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Wish I could get express membership, sadly non of the payment options work from my location. At best I get 7Kbs, not that that matters as most downloads fail at some point and with no resume support downloading from Simviation is a rare event.

Suggest you get a download manager for resuming downloads (google search and research for a good freeware version - not hard to find)

Meanwhile none of the issues you raise have anything to do with simviation -- they are due to the fact that you live somewhere with a 17th century internet connection - like I (& many) did a few years back. ^-^
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Tonydb » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:31 am

pete wrote:

Suggest you get a download manager for resuming downloads (google search and research for a good freeware version - not hard to find)

Meanwhile none of the issues you raise have anything to do with simviation -- they are due to the fact that you live somewhere with a 17th century internet connection - like I (& many) did a few years back. ^-^

I use a download manager, two in fact, Down them all, and FDM, when used on simviation I get an immediate "File Access Violation" message. Even with the straight IE or Firefox download there is rarely a good download from your site. As to where I live I have a 20 Mbs internet connection that connects well with ANY other site. Please remember that sarcasm is the lowest form of humour. We live in a so called global community but you find it hard to connect with the largest flight-sim community in the world. Your site has not supported rsume since you introduced express membership - I wrote to you some years ago and received the same type of non-constructive reply.
AMD FSX 8 Series 4.65 KHz, 16GB Memory, ASUS MB, 2 X 2TB hard drives, 1 X 1TB SSD, Orico 4TB external backup drive, AMD 9000 series Graphics Card, 3 X AOC 25" Monitors Saitek AV8R, Saitek throttle block, custom cooling
Tonydb
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:28 am

No sarcasm Tony --- easy to read a message the wrong way. Just trying to help. (don't know why you read it as sarcasm! :think: )

Meanwhile I have never heard anyone else in all the millions of downloads we do every year mention this and I can't do much unless I know the exact symptoms. I probably hear about 2x per year of a download problem and nearly always it's fixed and is user end.
The fact that the site does more downloads on almost all files that are also uploaded elsewhere means something is working. If I could help I would.
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Roypcox » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:54 am

To Pete, TonyB is right you have sarcastic ways in some of your replies. Sometimes you are not a very gracious host. I have my self received some private messages that kind of crossed the line on one or more occasions. I hope you are not coming down with what I call the "Hillary Effect". That you are some type of an elitist that has to "moderate" with sarcasm that belittles the user and make him feels of less importance. Just my 2 cents worth. I know there are other places to get information about our beloved hobby and for the most part I enjoy the people who bring good ideas to the group. But your sarcastic humor just sometimes sucks.
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pete » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:58 am

Maybe I spend too much time in the homeless shelter that I work in -- straight talkers.
Give me an example of the sarcasm please? Genuinely have no idea .... Call it misinterpretation!

TBH -- I try to give a short and simple answer because I'm always rushing out to do something else or working on the main site, or my other site ... or something else. Just answer if I need to - . Simple. I really have zero idea of why you have that impression ..... but it's not worth a big discussion.

I WILL always bend over backwards to help main site members.
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Roypcox » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:30 am

Pete, thanks for your prompt response without going in to particulars I won`t try to research a line by line an example but when it come across again I will politely point it out to you as to what I am referring to. I know that no ones perfect and that you own the site and you can handle it as you wish. That is the privilege you have of ownership! I for one enjoy the banter among us and but sometimes newbys get a quick snide answer from you that sparks somewhat hurtful feelings. I am not speaking for anybody else ....just my humble opinion that I render to you respectively !!!
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby ftldave » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:54 pm

pete wrote:
-- they are due to the fact that you live somewhere with a 17th century internet connection - like I (& many) did a few years back. ^-^

Never a good idea to demean the place where someone lives. That and the fact that Al Gore or whoever hadn't invented the Internet yet, in the 1600s. ;)
ftldave
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Site Problems & Broken Links