Let’s Fly Over Niagara Falls - “How To”

Videos! Discussion on Simulation, Game play, real aviation or other related video. Videos can be embedded links

Let’s Fly Over Niagara Falls - “How To”

Postby Doering » Sun May 03, 2020 4:32 pm

Living in the Golden Horseshoe region of Southern Ontario allows me to fly over Niagara Falls fairly often. I put this video together to illustrate the flight rules and procedures that must be followed with a few scenic points of interest. Video was captured with a GoPro mounted to the underside of the right wing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eriEPWJaWNw
My latest video at The Flight Level - World's Most Dangerous Approach - RNAV (RNP) Landing RWY 15 at Paro Airport- Bhutan - 4K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2KxjLdJgY&t=1084s
Doering
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Let’s Fly Over Niagara Falls - “How To”

Postby Hawkeye07 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:25 pm

Doering, Thanks for a really great video on flying the Falls. It made me home sick :( I was born in North Tonawanda and spent many a summer's day at Niagara Falls.
It broke my heart when I saw Crystal Beach Amusement Park was gone. When I was 19 I joined the US Navy and have only been back to visit family every few years but
I still visit the Falls every time. I just turned 70 yesterday and believe it or not I had never gone on the Maid Of The Mist until eight years ago. Thanks again for a great video
I'm going to try flying the pattern in my FSX right now.

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby papituwall » Mon May 04, 2020 5:44 am

Many thanks for sharing!. Great video, edition, music and information.
papituwall
Captain
Captain

Postby Doering » Mon May 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Hawkeye07 wrote:Doering, Thanks for a really great video on flying the Falls. It made me home sick :( I was born in North Tonawanda and spent many a summer's day at Niagara Falls.
It broke my heart when I saw Crystal Beach Amusement Park was gone. When I was 19 I joined the US Navy and have only been back to visit family every few years but
I still visit the Falls every time. I just turned 70 yesterday and believe it or not I had never gone on the Maid Of The Mist until eight years ago. Thanks again for a great video
I'm going to try flying the pattern in my FSX right now.

Well that is great to hear! Glad to bring back memories! Let us know how the pattern goes in the flight sim! Cheers!
My latest video at The Flight Level - World's Most Dangerous Approach - RNAV (RNP) Landing RWY 15 at Paro Airport- Bhutan - 4K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2KxjLdJgY&t=1084s
Doering
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Video