How to keep your FSX Airports & Scenery Organized

Videos! Discussion on Simulation, Game play, real aviation or other related video. Videos can be embedded links

How to keep your FSX Airports & Scenery Organized

Postby Jetranger » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 pm

How I keep All my Airports & Scenery Organized so I know what the hell I've got in my FSX simulator.

MY YOU TUBE VIDEO EXPLAINING THIS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFhJkSXNN64

As the months and years go by , I'll forget what've I've got installed, and I don't always wanna fire up my Simulator to surf thru the Add On sceneries folder

nor do I wanna have to go and surf thru the main FSX Folder / Add On scenery folder outside FSX , while I'm busy browsing the flight sim web sites for more AIRPORTS & SCENERY, this way I can easily cross reference what I've got with what I find while browsing flight sim web sites at a quick glance in only seconds.

Also this will keep simmers from accidently installing / injecting another airport of the "same" over a currently existing AIRPORT and ending up with all kinds of scenery display issues, floating buildings, runways, hangers etc.

Just a way of staying Organized and NOT disorganized !

All my Airport "FOLDER" names start off with the Airport ICAO Code 1st , which the end result keeps ALL the FSX Airports in Alphabetical order

with the exception of a few payware airports and scenery.

Below is a short list of exactly how I have ALL my AIRPORT "FOLDERS" listed inside my "Add On" scenery folder in FSX.

AIO Aiome Airport Papua New Guinea FW
CYQA Muskoka Canada FW
CYQH Watson Lake Canada FW
CYSC Sherbrooke Airport Canada FW
CYVO Val-d'Or Airport Quebec Canada FW
CYVO_ValdOr_Aircraft
DAAG Houari Boumediene Airport ALGIERS FW
DAOO Oran Ahmed Airport Algeria FW
EDCJ Chemnitz-Jahnsdorf Airport Germany FW
EDDF Frankfurt Airport Germany FW
EDVK Kassel Airport Piper Germany FW ***
EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Netherlands FW
EKVG Vagar Airport Faroe Islands FW
ENHA Hamar Stafsberg Airport Norway FW / *** HANGER***
ENJB Tønsberg Airport, Jarlsberg NORWAY FW
EPGO Góraszka 2010 FW
ESML Landskrona Airport Sweden FW
ESMU Almhult Airport Sweden FW
ESSD Borlange Sweden Airport FW

Tho currently I have over 300+ "Add On" Airports & Sceneries installed in FSX Gold / Acceleration edition.

some are "Freeware" & some are PAYWARE .

I often find that many times the uploaders / developer / creator uses all kinds of funky names for their "Airport Folders", not really relevant to the actual airport.

As the months years FLY by and YOU forget, this information is kinda handy to have on hand as to what exactly you've got installed in your simulator.

I usually "UPDATE" my list of Airports & Scenery once a month , give or take,,,,,

I'm always trying out new Airports & scenery , some make the grade and get to stay in my sim, others don't and get trashed.

The "Freeware" Utility I used is called "DRIVE Z" , located on Page 2 , item #9 on the web site, towards the bottom.

Allows users to pick / choose what they want to print off, and or store in a TXT File,, that you can store in your computer , location of your choice to be read by "note pad" or "word pad".

FREEWARE Utility : DRIVE Z : https://www.raymond.cc/blog/print-all-file-and-folder-contents-to-text-or-printer/2/

MY YOU TUBE VIDEO : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFhJkSXNN64
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Video