Hay granny! There's some snakes in the yard.

Videos! Discussion on Simulation, Game play, real aviation or other related video. Videos can be embedded links

Hay granny! There's some snakes in the yard.

Postby OldAirmail » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:28 pm

.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Hay granny! There's some snakes in the yard.

Postby Fozzer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:13 am

I'm making a mental vote to keep well away from Oklahoma .... :shock: ....!

Too many Copper Head Snakes...

..and crazy old Ladies with shot guns..... ;) ...!

Paul.... :lol: ... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:22 am

As snakes and other reptiles scare the bejesus out of me, :shock: :o :o I'll stay in a very rainy Cornwall. :think:

Cheers
A wet but reptile free Rich :lol:
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Apex » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:56 am

http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la- ... story.html

Seems women with shotguns are in season.

I have no fear of snakes, but of course, would not want to encounter the poisonous kind. The neighborhood I grew up in was undeveloped when we moved in, 1954, I was 6. Lots of pine tree woods we roamed thru, but never once saw a snake. Sometimes a non poisonous black snake would go thru someone's yard, but they just want to get away quickly.

Snakes generally avoid us, they don't go looking for people, we are not their kind of food. But under your house might be a different tune. It's possible those snakes could have been relocated.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby H » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Apex wrote:The neighborhood I grew up in was undeveloped when we moved in 1954, I was 6. Lots of pine tree woods we roamed thru, but never once saw a snake.
A year later, a bit younger than you, I entered a part of our southern wooded area and nearly stepped on a fungus-covered limb. Just before my little foot was about to make contact, this spotted adder moved. Our most recently acquired dog, still a puppy, was with me and closed near the front of it, taking the snake's attention by barking as loud as he could. This wouldn't have been enough of a distraction if I'd completed my step but I pulled my leg back and ran back over the stone wall into the field, heading for home with my pup now catching up from behind.
Apex wrote:Snakes generally avoid us, they don't go looking for people, we are not their kind of food.
This is true, as you say, generally (except, sometimes, the food concept with constrictors and pythons)
Apex wrote:It's possible those snakes could have been relocated.
They were, just not so lively. I'm not best friends with snakes and have chased them off -- but I don't go out of my way and intentionally try to kill them. I've mentioned elsewhere, though, that I did shoot a snake on the head with an untipped arrow; he was at my mercy for a bit but I wasn't trying to kill it; it conked him out but it came to and slithered away rather erratically with his slightly bloody head.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Video