Building the Canadian Railway

Videos! Discussion on Simulation, Game play, real aviation or other related video. Videos can be embedded links

Building the Canadian Railway

Postby Tug002 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:40 am

Below is a link to a video about the building of the CPRail track along Lake Superior you may like.

https://vimeo.com/mcltr/review/224774963/084f872872

Keep smiling
Tug :)
Tug002
Captain
Captain

Re: Building the Canadian Railway

Postby storm_cloud » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:45 am

Very well done!
storm_cloud
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Roypcox » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:18 am

Thanks Tug next to planes trains make me foam at the mouth. That's so much for the vid.
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:23 am

A truly stirring film Tug.

I was reminded of your previous Avatar, with you sat in your Locomotive Cab!

When I see construction such as that, I immediately think of; "Steel"!

Where was it produced, how was it smelted, how was it formed, and how was it transported!

My Grandad worked on the railway, in and around London (England), for the whole of his life in the early 1900's.

...and as an employee, his "Train Passes" enabled me and my parents to travel around the country on the railways in the days of Steam, 1930's and 1940's and 1950's, before they become replaced by Diesel Locomotives!
My part of the railroad was the Great Western Railway, starting and ending at Paddington Station, London.
I remember my times in the carriages with my head hanging out of the windows, breathing smoke and steam, and eyes burning from hot ash!
The bad points:
Everywhere was blackened by soot. All the Railway Stations and track-side buildings!
The glass roof of Paddington Station was covered in soot!

A pleasure remembering to old Steam Loco Days, but happy that the country is now much cleaner with the advent of Diesel and Electric!

The end of the British Railway System...>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beeching_cuts

My part of the countryside is littered with abandoned, overgrown, and disappeared railway tracks which I well remember were active in their heyday! I visit them on my Motorcycle journeys!

Many thanks again for the Film, Tug!

Paul....Choo-choo trains!.... :D

Another good film involving steel!:
Building the Golden Gate Bridge...>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKU1PTyHtbM
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Apex » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:25 am

There's a freight rail line near where we grew up. We used to hang out at the tracks sometimes, waiting for the train, it would come by only twice a day, wave to the engineer, then throw rocks at the cars as the train went by. There's nothing like standing just feet away from a roaring train, it was so kiddie-cool. Or many times walking the tracks or walking on the rails.

Our parents forebade us to go near the rockpit, also nearby, but never said anything about the rails, obviously we could get out of the way of the train, but the rockpit presented an drowning hazard as it had a sharp drop-off just a few feet into it.
Apex
Major
Major

Postby Flying Trucker » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:17 am

Thanks for the Video Tug...brought back some fond memories... :clap:
Cheers...Happy Landings...Doug
Flying Trucker
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Video