Dassault Rafale fighter low and slow with a train

Videos! Discussion on Simulation, Game play, real aviation or other related video. Videos can be embedded links

Dassault Rafale fighter low and slow with a train

Postby OldAirmail » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:40 pm

This is a video of a Train à Grande Vitesse (TGV) in France keeping up with a fighter jet during the inaugural opening of a new train line. They're both traveling right around 200MPH.

Video Of A Fighter Jet Flying Same Speed As High-Speed Train
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Re: Dassault Rafale fighter low and slow with a train

Postby H » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:54 am

What's the claim -- I'm sure the pilot and aircraft are trained to go that slow...
sorry, couldn't help myself... again.
:whistle:

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby OldAirmail » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:48 am

H wrote:What's the claim -- I'm sure the pilot and aircraft are trained to go that slow...
sorry, couldn't help myself... again.
:whistle:

8-)

I think that you missed the point of the fighter flying alongside the new train...

...during the inaugural opening of a new train line. They're both traveling right around 200MPH. Of course the Dassault Rafale fighter jet could travel much faster (upwards of 1,188MPH), but what kind of inaugural celebration would that be?
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby H » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:59 am

OldAirmail wrote:I think that you missed the point of the fighter flying alongside the new train...
...during the inaugural opening of a new train line. They're both traveling right around 200MPH. Of course the Dassault Rafale fighter jet could travel much faster (upwards of 1,188MPH), but what kind of inaugural celebration would that be?
...and when the train can safely travel at 1188mph, it will have good reason to toot its own whistle!
I'm not intending to demean the train, especially as trains go. However, showing the train moving along with the plane puts that comparison edge on it; the only area that heavy metal train amply outdoes the aircraft in is the load it can transport; in most every other way, the Dassault Rafale fighter is free as a bird. For that reason, I saw a bit of humor in the display.

8-)
H
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Video