Looking for new Xbox 360 headset

The Cage...What's YOUR Game? Non MS FS/CFS games screenshots - editing allowed!

Looking for new Xbox 360 headset

Postby machineman9 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:49 pm

I bought an Xbox 360 250GB console a while back, and they gave me a stock headset to use with it on Xbox Live... But I really hate the design and I'm looking for something with better quality and usability.

I liked the original Xbox 360 headset - it had the the volume/mute button actually connecting to the controller, not in-line. It's such a ridiculous idea to have the controls on the cable, because you have to take your hands off the controller to find the cable and unmute it. So yeah, where it connects to the controller would be a lot better.

I'd like to be able to wear it with the microphone on the right hand side - A lot seem to only be compatible with the left hand side.

I'd like decent quality too. Sennheiser do a headset, but it has all of the aforementioned faults.

Can anyone help me out? I might just have to buy one of the original headsets at this rate!

Cheers!
machineman9
Major
Major

Re: Looking for new Xbox 360 headset

Postby Steven W » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 pm

I bought myself some Turtle Beach x12's, and I am very happy with those. You can also hook them up to your computer as well, which comes in handy. I bought mine off amazon and they were only about $70 canadian, which I think is really good for the quality that they are
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE  -  Evga GeForce GTX550ti  -  8gb Patriot Viper RAM  -  FSX + Acceleration
Steven W
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to The Cage