Tanks?

The Cage...What's YOUR Game? Non MS FS/CFS games screenshots - editing allowed!

Tanks?

Postby patchz » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:54 am

Can anyone recommend a decent tank sim? I'm not looking for multi-player or online or freeware. Something akin to FS maybe. And I don't want something where I have to go through infantry stages before I can get in a tank. I just want a plain and simple WWII style tank sim.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Tanks?

Postby specter177 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:36 pm

World of Tanks is the only one I know of, but that is in multiplayer beta. I don't know if it will have a single player campaign.
ImageImage
specter177
Major
Major

Postby Leigh » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:19 pm

t34 vs tiger
Achtung Panzer

there a few to name them but one the stands out thats a full tank sim modern day and all call steel beasts but thats a whopping $125 so yeah :P

but there all good
Leigh
Major
Major

Postby patchz » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:52 pm

World of Tanks is the only one I know of, but that is in multiplayer beta. I don't know if it will have a single player campaign.

[color=#000000]Thanks. :) That one was the reason for stating I was not looking for multi-player or online. Guess I should have added beta too.
If God intended aircraft engines to have horizontally opposed engines, Pratt and Whitney would have made them that way.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby patchz » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:54 pm

t34 vs tiger
Achtung Panzer

there a few to name them but one the stands out thats a full tank sim modern day and all call steel beasts but thats a whopping $125 so yeah :P

but there all good

Thanks Leigh. :)
I saw the T34 vs. Tiger and put it as a possible, though it's not exactly what I would like. But $125 or more than double what I was thinking of spending.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Leigh » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:22 pm

yeah its very expensive but its meant to be good though :) i know 2 people who have it and love it but yeah.

T34 v Tiger well hmm i dont personaly like it but the publisher went bust so really the only way you can get it is torrent :|
Leigh
Major
Major

Postby patchz » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:58 am

yeah its very expensive but its meant to be good though :) i know 2 people who have it and love it but yeah.

T34 v Tiger well hmm i dont personaly like it but the publisher went bust so really the only way you can get it is torrent :|

Thanks Leigh, but I don't do torrent. Don't like it. Oh well, it was not high priority anyway, I've just wanted a tank sim for a while and thought I'd ask.
patchz
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Armed Assault is a great tank sim, you can hop into the commander/gunner/loader/driver positions and operate it from there if you like, this is a good vid but he's turned down the battle and engine sounds, the game is much better..:)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/P ... AA-dfk.jpg

http://youtu.be/tTYTWHfwAzc
Last edited by BigTruck on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE STOP LINKING IMAGES, IT SLOWS THE FORUMS DOWN FOR OTHER USERS!!!!
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby wifesaysno » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:14 am

World of Tanks is out. I have been playing it for a year now, it is no sim, but if you like tanks it is a ton of fun. Especially when you get to the big gun tanks. I just wasted some enemy heavies with the 105 on my Jagdpanther  8-)

I would say give World of Tanks (WoT) a try, it is completely free, has simple controls, sometimes annoying grinds for upgrades, and a steep learning curve that rewards  intelligent playing. It is no Call of Duty or Battlefield crap.
wifesaysno
Major
Major

Postby jetprop » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:01 am

World of Tanks is out. I have been playing it for a year now, it is no sim, but if you like tanks it is a ton of fun. Especially when you get to the big gun tanks. I just wasted some enemy heavies with the 105 on my Jagdpanther
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby Steve M » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:29 pm

World of Tanks is out. I have been playing it for a year now, it is no sim, but if you like tanks it is a ton of fun. Especially when you get to the big gun tanks. I just wasted some enemy heavies with the 105 on my Jagdpanther
Steve M
Major
Major

Postby Scatterbrain Kid » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:00 am

STEEL FURY is another tank sim I'd reccomend, it's WW2 Russian Front-

http://youtu.be/Hm4Be6NPOEg
PLEASE STOP LINKING IMAGES, IT SLOWS THE FORUMS DOWN FOR OTHER USERS!!!!
Scatterbrain Kid
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to The Cage