X-Plane 10

The Cage...What's YOUR Game? Non MS FS/CFS games screenshots - editing allowed!

X-Plane 10

Postby JSpahn » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:42 pm

I wanted express this over at x-plane.org but I know it would be fruitless. Anyone try the demo? I was hoping this package would take XP to the next level but I am so unimpressed with the whole thing.

I mean I almost puked in my mouth it was so bad. It is basically X-Plane 9 with a few new features. The "plausible" concept was done better in FS9 with ultimate terrain and ground environment.  :-?

The whole world is even more drab an boring, it makes me want to hang myself instead of looking out the cockpit.  :'(

Most of the new and improved aircraft lack 3-d cockpits and the promise of default buildings at the airports is missing. >:(

I know it is a demo but I saw an AI kc-10 shoot straight up into the air and crash. LOL :D

The demo has horrible frame rates, and you cant even dial in the settings to make those new features make a difference in the sim.  >:(

The weather isn't too bad but I have to dial down the other settings to get acceptable frame rates. I have to say the clouds need some major improvement though.... :P

Austin isn't getting my 80 bucks....UGH ;D

Sorry guys just venting...lol
JSpahn
Major
Major

Re: X-Plane 10

Postby mfaulisi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 am

I just noticed it was out and I'm downloading now.  When I started the download to get the latest version you needed to participate in the Beta program.  Seems like it might be more like a beta than a demo to me.
[center]Image
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da
mfaulisi
Captain
Captain

Postby todayshorse » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Sounds really good! :)
todayshorse
Major
Major

Postby mfaulisi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Well, here's my take.
[center]Image
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da
mfaulisi
Captain
Captain

Postby JSpahn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:56 pm

I come back here with my tail between my legs.....got the full version and yes its a beta program....

I was most disappointed in the urban scenery, well the sim is solid and runs great on my PC....so instead of complaining I decided to start developing scenery for X-Plane 10...

I adjusted the sky colors and started out making my own orthos for the ground scenery to help populate the terrain.

Here is my add-on:

http://maxx-xp.hiking-pa.com

LOL did a 180 after I started playing with the sim some more...... :-X I need to stop and think sometimes.....
JSpahn
Major
Major

Return to The Cage