What Happened Here??

A workshop designed to help everyone improve their screenshot skills, featuring Simworld, the Screenart Gallery, tutorials, contests and much more!

What Happened Here??

Postby lunitic_8 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Seems like after 2009 Studio V went down hill...?  :-?

I still have FSX and all my addons installed on my computer, the only think I'm missing is a graphics card. Mine went out a few months ago and I have yet to get around to replacing it. Should I? I miss flying around in flight sim and posting all my journeys on here for everyone to see lol! But it seems as if everything has slowed down quite a bit  :-/

8-)

I7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
lunitic_8
Major
Major

Re: What Happened Here??

Postby jime59 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:02 am

It's just the summer lull. Alot of people are outdoors in the sun and enjoying the fine weather. Come fall they'll be back in full force.

jime
The mind is like a parachute...it only works when it's open.
jime59
Major
Major

Postby skoker » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Given that a lot of us were in the less than 20 age group most of us have grown up and are busy with school and work.   :-/ 
skoker
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:56 am

[quote]Given that a lot of us were in the less than 20 age group most of us have grown up and are busy with school and work.
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby lunitic_8 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:00 pm

[quote]Given that a lot of us were in the less than 20 age group most of us have grown up and are busy with school and work.

I7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
lunitic_8
Major
Major

Postby ShaneG » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Alot of the problem is that the StudioV required A LOT of time from someone to be devoted enough to keeping it all running smoothly, and timely. The contests, the galleries, and keeping people interested in it. Coming up with new features, as well as maintaining the old ones.

Without that, it didn't take long for it to quiet down. After Mitch & I stopped running things in here, Cantflywontfly and Patchz did an admirable job, but there seems to have been another factor that contributed to it's decline. Screenshot posting in general is WAY down from it's glory days.
I guess there are only so many ways you can take a shot of an airplane.  ;D  ;)
ShaneG
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby jnc1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:10 am

The screenshot hobby goes through cycles. People become involved and we get used to seeing their names on a regular basis then they move on. This leaves a gap where very few people are posting. Having been involved in this for over seven years I've seen about three sets of different people come and go. It will pick up again, just give it time.
I've run www.screenshotworld.com for five years and we have been seeing a steady drop in pictures posted. I even closed the site down for the summer to allow time for other things and to take stock of where we were at.
We are now open again and will stay open.
So, don't panic - people will come and the posts will increase, just keep the faith :)

John
Last edited by jnc1 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my site - www.screenshotworld.com
jnc1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby cantflywontfly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:54 am

I'm still here!!  ;D

I don't mind hosting the occasional JC contest for old time sake!

Deano  :)
cantflywontfly
Captain
Captain

Postby lunitic_8 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:46 pm

I'm back from the dead yet again!! Haven't been on here in so long lol... How has everyone been? I see the forum got updated BIG TIME :o not too sure how I like it lol.

I haven't had any flight time on FSX in over a year now since my computer has been messed up and I didn't get around to trying to fix it due to my busy schedule(school, work, flying, cars, etc.), but when I finally did I found out almost everything has to be replaced. :cry:

Though I'm going to start trying to get on here more often and post some C&C while my computer is down until whenever I finally decide to fix it or just buy a new one lol. So newbies on SimV be prepared 8-) :lol: 8)
lunitic_8
Major
Major

Return to Studio V Screenshot Workshop