The February Top 10 Finalists!

A workshop designed to help everyone improve their screenshot skills, featuring Simworld, the Screenart Gallery, tutorials, contests and much more!

Re: The February Top 10 Finalists!

Postby Adrian_Monk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:56 am

You aren't an arse, no worries mate.
Adrian_Monk
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby G.K. » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:54 am

Nuff said [smiley=beer.gif]

....who's round is it anyway :)

Pleased to be chosen again. Putting the shot together and getting my imagination together on a screenshot is extremely satisfying. Getting into the top ten is a great bonus.
Last edited by G.K. on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
G.K.
Captain
Captain

Postby BlackAce » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 am

PROTEST LIKE THE ARABS!!! MAKE OUR OWN CONTEST!!  :D
http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/i ... _Pilot.jpg [http://pic.yupoo.com/frank1223/BhFQbsLl/yeEIP.gif
BlackAce
Major
Major

Postby Dave71K » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 am

Wow no votes for me! Less votes than people who totally broke the rules .....that's fair. I won't bother in future.
Last edited by Dave71K on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave71K

Postby USAF_Firefighter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:32 am

And not to sound like a sore loser but the least 2 imaginative entries scores the highest ! Neither are anything futuristic or even something we've not seen a million times before. It was the same last month, the shot that came second was a far superior shot. 

Ok Dave, the contest description said anything that first flew or is still flying in the 21st Century. Hobo's photo is very imaginative because both the B-52 and KC-135 have been in continuous active service for over 50s years with the original operator, the United States Air Force and are slated to continue their service for at least ten more years or more.
Michael A. Friis,
USAF_Firefighter
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby FIREMAN79 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:38 pm

But seriously who won? I knew i was not gonna win cause the competition was MUCH better. My pic was kinda funny but I actually liked some other ones better, I'm looking at you Adrian_Monk, well played.
FIREMAN79
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Dave71K » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:17 pm

[quote][quote]
And not to sound like a sore loser but the least 2 imaginative entries scores the highest ! Neither are anything futuristic or even something we've not seen a million times before. It was the same last month, the shot that came second was a far superior shot.
Dave71K

Postby U4EA » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:20 pm

I only counted 496. :D
U4EA

Postby Mike.. » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:41 pm

While there are plenty of 747s out there, this one was built (and or revamped) in the 21st century,for the 21st century. Delivering parts for Boings new Dreamliner.....In this century.....Did I miss the point of the contest?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747 ... _Freighter

Or perhapse I would of faired better posting the police car from Blade Runner?  I kept my shot within the realm of today....The 21st century,keeping within it the theme on which this months contest was based. I feel everybodys shots here were great. I also have never,and will never say anything negative about anyones images on this forum. While I understand your upset, I don't feel there is a need to belittle the rest of the finalists here. I have never been a finalist here. The next time I am might be months or even a year or two. I made it and my father was proud of me,so was my wife. Just something I do did and will continue to do for the pure enjoyment of it. So,thanks Dave. Thanks for destroying this for me,this one little moment,in the 21st century........

Mike
Mike..
Major
Major

Postby BlackAce » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:51 pm

[quote]While there are plenty of 747s out there, this one was built (and or revamped) in the 21st century,for the 21st century. Delivering parts for Boings new Dreamliner.....In this century.....Did I miss the point of the contest?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747 ... _Freighter

Or perhapse I would of faired better posting the police car from Blade Runner?
http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/i ... _Pilot.jpg [http://pic.yupoo.com/frank1223/BhFQbsLl/yeEIP.gif
BlackAce
Major
Major

Postby USAF_Firefighter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:34 pm

[quote][quote][quote]
Michael A. Friis,
USAF_Firefighter
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Groundbound1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Nothing like a good 'ole friendly competition to bring out the best in people. :o :-? :-/
Groundbound1
Major
Major

Postby Dave71K » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:59 pm

[quote][quote][quote][quote]
Dave71K

Postby jetprop » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:03 pm

[quote][quote][quote][quote][quote]
jetprop
Major
Major

Postby CHUCK79 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:37 pm

Wow, quite the friendly competition :-/

Dave, stop crying around because noone voted for your shot :-?
I think that the two top shots fit the theme very nicely. Great job Global Hobo and Mike 8-) 8-)

We have a tie, so th ere will have to be a tie-breaker. I'll try to get it set up by the end of today.
Great job everyone....thanks foe entering.

Chuck :)
Last edited by CHUCK79 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Studio V Screenshot Workshop